Post YOUR Hatchback here
By mid_egf22
#355019 My baby. She let's me do everything to her. I love to get all up in her. Down and dirty style. Typical eg rear end.

Why the build? Because racecar hahah. Kind of not really. I have an older bro who owns a damn 500whp AWD 3000lbs eagle talon. And the only way I'm going to be next to him in a race from a dead stop is if I go to the dark side. Or maybe the light. Who knows. I had this setup in the front but even then 215whp and 200 torque from this long stroked 2.2 litre engine was causing too much traction loss and torque steer. I could literally do a burn out while car is rolling just gassing it in first gear and completely wasting first gear. No way will that keep up with an AWD especially from a dead stop. No way was I going to go AWD because I hate rotational mass and what it does with MORE ADDED weight. Also another reason why I'm a single cammer jammer. Anyways I'm building this in hopes that his AWD talon will hop on me on the dig but not too far then I'd overtake him around 3rd gear on up because he loses too much top end trying to power all 4 wheels. But of course my 2,300-2,500 lb hatch will need at least 420whp to do so but then, to me, HP doesn't win races TQ does. Its all thx to my extra 0.2 litres, long stroke, and good flowing oem head. These f22 flow pretty damn well I can tell you that.

Last edited by mid_egf22 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
By FlopUrDonk
#355042 Don't tease us!!! :o
By Shift
#355047 Wha you cant be serious. U need to show more pics guy. Furthermore I am hoping you have details pics of this build...... :twisted:
By TrailerTrash
#355048 more pics, more info, and link to build thread.

in that order.

now
By Y7civic
#355072 Wow awesome :woot: :woot: what kind of fabricating was involved to rear mount the engine?
By mid_egf22
#355132 Thx for all the kind regards. It handles okay at the moment. Haven't driven her hard yet. She still needs an alignment. Oh yeah she will be a 5/4 seated when I'm done with her. I've seen a few mid engines civic but nothing with 4/5 seating capacity. Figured I'd do it different.
Last edited by mid_egf22 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mid_egf22
#355134 More to come once I get back to my state. Maybe another month sorry for the tease guys. It'll be worth it. My main project with her is to build her for a donation car show I've been wanting to do for quite some time now. Hope it'll go through one of these no days, moths, or years. Image
By mid_egf22
#355135 NOT sure why I can't post up multiple pictures. Guess my thread post counts will go up :thumb:

Fabrication was actually pretty easy if u got a okay welder. The measurement and mocking up was the difficult part as everything needs to be as flushly mounted and squared as possible. Manly sitting there spending most of time looking at how your going to approach every individual situation. I used the easy setup of my, now in heaven 98 ej8 front end that I wrecked in a 5 car collision. Stupid idiots slamming break then coming to a dead STOP ON A FREEWAY. DOUCH BAG but hey guess everything happens for a reason