Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By vince72310
#350175 anybody know where to buy these or any aftermarket brands that make them? i know right now there is an auction for these on ebay and highest bid is $120. LMK so far the closet i found to these were http://www.protuninglab.com/alt-yd-hc92-24d-sm.html

I NEED THESE FOR MY WHITE EG!
By teal_dx
#350177 Unfortunately, I have not seen those produced since the mid-90's. Back then people hated or loved them (more hated) so I'm sure not many of them survived, causing the prices to be so high.

The 90's were the first time that a lot of companies were producing various aftermarket tail lights. In the early days, some of them were not DOT legal (these all clear ones were not DOT legal) and those manufacturers eventually had to stop producing them. The all clear style was in first, then the altezza style took over untill everyone was sick of them and started doing clean oem/jdm builds. I remember one of the big "altezza light" companies (APC?) got hit with some huge fines for making non-street legal altezzas for civics and other cars. If they don't have a built-in red reflective element, they're not DOT legal. Technically JDM oem tails aren't legal because they don't have the reflective red element, but those lights look the same as OEM to the untrained eye, so I doubt you'd get ticketed. I remember back in the day when you'd see imports with these all clear tails pulled over by a cop - cops HATED these lights lol. I'm sure many of these sets went to the landfill because they weren't street legal and people got tired of the tickets.
If only people knew what they would be worth 20 years later... :hehe:
Last edited by teal_dx on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By vince72310
#350185 thanks for the inside Teal i had no idea but yeah i really wish i can get a pair of these clear taillights for my eg ugh that will look so fresh and clean, if they ever do come up on the market ill try my best to buy them :thumb: i might just buy the ones i put in the link the "altezza style" those arent too bad and look oem :woot:
By FG2_Andrew
#350198 many didn't survive because they are highly illegal.
By gtstripes
#351452 uummm..... i bought a set for a hatch and another for a sedan for $25 each.. sold a pair for $50 haha wow..
By vince72310
#351453 ommmg no way!!! :cry: i want these or at lease some good replicas just clear no "ricer" ones with the a bunch of red circles and all chrome plated :lol:
By Driv-it-hard
vince72310 wrote:if you ever come across some for a hatch hmu!!! :hehe:

Vince, I sent you the listing above longtime ago. There was a listing on ebay.
By CopyLifted
#351478 There's a set of these on a local (to me) honda buy/sell/trade facebook page. He's wanting to trade for 50/50's only.