Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By swich
#59026 We never got the SiR here in SA so we couldn't just swap out the dials.

so here is a DIY i made on how to make your own.

How to make custom dials:

I take no reasonability if you F#@K up your car. Fellow at own risk. It takes about 3 days to finish you’ll see why as you work through it. And if you do mess up you’ll need to get your dials recalibrated R150 per instrument at speedo repairs in PTA.

I have already finished my dials so when you see the how to it’ll be of the white ones that are already in place.

Step1: Design the dials you want. Get them from www.dynamiitti.com/autodata/mpohjat.html and get some one that knows Photoshop to help.

Step 2: Remove the cluster from you car. Pic’s from an SR4.

Remove the screws.

Remove the emergency switch and the one screw hiding behind it. Unclip switch and clock.
Slowly remove the panel and place aside. It should clip out.

Remove the retaining screws on both sides for instrument panel.

[ing]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-2/1246499/DSC00333.JPG[/img]
Unclip the wiring harness and remove the cluster.

Take the plastic face off the cluster. Push down on clips at top, bottom one will just slide out.

Step 3: Now we get tricky. You need to measure the size of each instrument, but just a area your sticker is going to go NOT the diameter of the plastic piece that covers the front.

This is so you can take your designs you have made to a signage company and get them made out of vinyl sticker. I paid around R80 for my white black and red ones.
MAKE SURE YOUR DIMENTIONS ARE CORRECT!

Step 4: Plug the open instrument panel back in and start the car. Remove any needle rests and mark off where all the needles are with the engine warm!

Step 5: Needle removal.

Remove the retaining screws from the back of the panel

Then you can remove each instrument on its own.

Once the instrument has been removed take some mini long nose pliers and grip the center needle coz you don’t want that come out it just gives you crap if it does.

Now with the center needle griped that two flat screw drives and SLOWLY (I mean VERY SLOWLY) lift the needle off. Make sure not to pull the center one out with it.

Remove the face retaining screws and take the face off. Please do one at a time or keep all pieces form each instrument apart!

Step 6: Making new backing/face panels.

I went to Mr plastics and got them to make me 100mm X 100mm X 1mm clear (hfv? or some no scratch plastic that they have) for like R20. It comes with a protective sheet on it

Lie the original face plate down and trace it out with a very fine pen or liner. Don’t for get about the holes.

Once it has been traced then get it cut out. This is where the problem for most will come in for most. I used a scroll saw with a 1mm blade. It cuts very detailed and fine so I could cut around the bends. Laser cost far to much so try make a plan to get yours cut. I then just measured the holes that needed to be cut/drilled against the original face for correct sizes of drill bits and marked them off.

Step 7: Floating the stickers into place. Now that you have got your face plate you can now float the stickers on to them. Using the same idea as tint I used soap water to lift the stickers onto the face plate to stop bubbles. I lined the new face plate up with the old one to get the sticker to line up correctly then take a credit card and rap it in toilet paper to absorb the water and protect the sticker. Softly rub the sticker down and squeeze the water out from under it. Then take a hair dryer and just heat it slightly to make sure it is dry and will stick.

This is what it should look like now.

Don’t forget the ID 10 T lights. (idiot) lol.

Step 8: Refitting: refitting is reverse of removal.

Refit with out the needles for now. Refit the instrument panels and leave the protective cover off for now. Start the car and get it to normal operating temp. Refit the needles at the markings you made. Make sure the rests are still not in place. Once this is done make sure is all working. I fucked up my rev counter it starts at 3000rpm so it always looks like im pushing her to 9000rmp when its only 6000.

And this is what it looks like done.(with the dash still open)

And seeing as the instrument panel is out change your backing lights.
They pricy tho.R30 from autostyle and I needed 6.

Then that’s it done. Go wild with your designs.

PM me with any questions you have.
By swich
#59028 since i did the write up of this DIY i have got every thing working 99%. my rev counter still over reads by 200rpm.... like thats going to kill me.

:thumb: enjoy
By HKS_JUN
#59269 nice write up
By bumpin
#60061 how the hell did you remove the needle of fuel gauge? :shock:
ive been trying to remove it, i ended up pulling the needle that contacts with the motor. ive done this in couple of gauges already they all have the same fate. :twisted:
By swich
#62760 another way i found to remove them is with long nose pliers as you grab the needle(silver bit about the plasic) you sort of wedge the needle off. if done right. ill try get a pic or vid for you.
By swich
#62831 here is the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhhGgo3XbRU

so it takes some time to get to the point. cos its much trickier to to on the speedo then on the others.
By swich
teal_dx wrote:very well done, adding this writeup to the DIY list :thumb:

Sweet :) :woot: :thumb: :twisted:
By lucky_13
#64293 I've made something similar... Diodes were used to increase the light intensity. The scales were made of acryl and Oracal film.

I wanna also install clear needles that glow in the dark by means of light going thru them. I cant still find the donor for this upgrade)))..

PS How can i post photos?
By swich
PS How can i post photos?

[img]post_url[/img]
By lucky_13
#64502 well..... Here are the fotos of my cluster

With flush:

With the lights turned on:

By GoRide
#75595 Thats awesome i want a custom Cluster now :(
By Simmons
#80165 Kept mine clean.
By Gorveatt
#80168 ok wait wait wait.... you covered stock OEM white honda gauges with black???? do you realize how much those things go for on ebay?

EDIT, upon closer inspection those are very different then the JDM ones... were they stock after all???
By Simmons
#80275 Mine are stock.I just changed the bulbs