In Car Entertainment & Security
By teal_dx
#1378 If you own en EG/EJ, or any nice civic, you have to be careful these days...

One of our members already had his Del Sol stolen (and recovered thankfully)

Here's some steps to help your civic stay safe.

1. Park in a garage at night. So many stories about thefts start out with "So I went outside this morning and my car was not in my driveway" But if you live in an apt, then there are still other things you can do...

2. Alarm of course. Get a good quality alarm with sensitivity AND a pager. Some features to look for are:
- a backup battery (in case they cut your cables)
- backup siren (in case they cut your siren - these should be hidden!)
- hood pop switch
- tilt sensor (I've read of stolen cars baing towed off)
- glass break sensor
- there are even alarms with motion sensors.

3. Re-route your hood cable: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=112

4. Pedal/steering wheel locks. These can be cut but it still costs them time.

5. Detachable steering wheel with security Hub Lock. This is going to buy you some good time when your car is being stolen. Don't leave the wheel in your car though, sometimes they will bring their own wheel.

6. Kill switches on your fuel pump, ignition, whatever. More than one is better, and hide them well! This will slow them down.

7. Take your ECU with you. Some thieves will bring their own, but if you have a chiped/tuned ecu then they won't have an exact match.

8. LoJack or GPS tracking system. If you have serious $$$$ in your civic, this is a good idea. If they get past everything else, then this will follow your car. I've heard of people finding their civic just parked on a random street. This is because the thieves park it somewhere for 24 hrs in case it does have LoJack. This way the signal won't point to their chop shop. Then after 24 hrs, they figure if it hasn't been claimed, it is ok to bring back to the shop.

9. Put a boot on your wheels. I've actually seen nice civics with a parking boot on that had to be left out at night. A little extreme but definitely a good security measure.
http://www.tirelock.com/

10. member miguel329 wrote:
if you buy a car from someone a good idea is to change the door locks, and ignition... i do it everytime i get another honda.. seen a few guys sell there car few weeks later, months watever they steal your shit just something to think about..
Last edited by teal_dx on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By teal_dx
#1537 Here's a good example of a steering hub lock
A perfect complement to our quick release kits, this unit will deter any theif from stealing your vehicle. It is common knowledge that a quick release alone, although a good deterrent in itself, it is imperfect in that another wheel can simply be replaced. But with this unit, the column itself is secured, making replacement of wheel, or driving the vehicle virtually impossible.

Product Features: Ball-lock and key system. Tested throughly and made with the hightest quality and durable metals.

found here:
http://www.getnrg.com/nrgquicklock.php

and here is how it holds up to theives!
http://getnrg.com/showphotos.php?catid=27
By LaMbErT*
#4792 N1 bud certainly alot of good to look into there!
By suspendedHatch
#12794 I made a site to demonstrate a comprehensive security strategy. The guinea pig for this particular site was a DA, but I my EG is my first love and the two chassis' are so similar that you would never know the difference in the instructions.

The false faceplate section is purely for the EG.

If it's illegal here to promote an external site, then I'm sorry. It doesn't have any ads or products for sale, it's purely informational. But I got deleted at team-integra so I guess you never know.

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/
By york62
#13246 nice write up man.
By chnzgoofball
#13250 great write up!! but sorry to be the party pooper... if someone really wanted ure car enough just tow it i don't think anything can stop them from doing that...
By stefan
#13255 How about a garage...
A friend of mine has a nice EG, paintjob, rims, stereo, bumperkit, the works.
He rents a box on the other side of town, just to safely store it.
Tho I'd rather have it here with me, because in my town, you don't get your windows smashed unless you leave something like a laptop in sight.
By ChicagoMike
#13265 Best thing you can do if your car sits outside.

By Bouli
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:Best thing you can do if your car sits outside.

an good idea, but please don't install an "Trust" cam :D you can't trust that equipment hehe
By ChicagoMike
#13284 Yeah, I wasnt refering to their actual brand, just wireless in general.
By chnzgoofball
teal_dx wrote:yeah a garage is the best thing you can do. :thumb:
I don't think I could sleep if my car was outside all night.

yeah garage is always the best :thumb: