Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By teal_dx
#49 There's a cheap way and an expensive way to do this. The expensive way involves the purchase of a special tool that costs a couple-few hundred bucks.

Example:
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/tools/fenderlip.jsp

The way I'm going to show you is Free!

The main concern is having your paint crack from the stress, this can happen with either method, but is more likely with the free method. This risk can be lessened by using a heat gun while rolling. The best time to roll is when you will be painting your car.

Put your wheel/tire on and with the car on the ground, look at the amount of space. Find a bat or pole that isnt too big. If you're trying to do this with your aftermarket 17x7" rims with 205/40/17 tires, you might have some problems. I had a set of GSR wheels with 205/55R15 tires, an average size bat fit perfect. Lift the corner of the car up a little so the wheel is still touching the ground. Insert bat (may want to put a piece of cardboard or similar between bat and fender so you don't scrape up your bat). Slowly lower. Now just turn the bat between your fender and tire and roll it along.

Go slow and take your time. I went over it twice and gained about an extra inch of clearance!
Last edited by teal_dx on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By weaponr82
#21826 dude that is super bargain basement, my favorite kind of basement. Good work and nice idea
By yankee92vx
#21847 :thumb: :thumb: awesome way to do it..... i need to do it to mine also :(
By chnzgoofball
#21859 HAHAHA man i just used a hammer and hammer that shit in... dun do that tho... will chip the paint hahaha :lol:
By Chance
#21860 i need to do mine!
By ee8
#24838 why do you want to roll your fenders? in the rear? would not want to touch that parts since that body part will rust by only looking at it......

17x7 with a 205 tire is not a fitment issue if you have the correct wheel offset.......
By teal_dx
ee8 wrote:why do you want to roll your fenders? in the rear? would not want to touch that parts since that body part will rust by only looking at it......

17x7 with a 205 tire is not a fitment issue if you have the correct wheel offset.......

I had just replaced my rear 1/4 panels when I rolled mine so it was an ideal time to do it before I painted.

I don't need them rolled with my current wheels, but I was planning ahead in case I ever want to go wider than 205 or want to run a lower offset wheel.
By ee8
teal_dx wrote:
ee8 wrote:why do you want to roll your fenders? in the rear? would not want to touch that parts since that body part will rust by only looking at it......

I had just replaced my rear 1/4 panels when I rolled mine so it was an ideal time to do it before I painted.

I don't need them rolled with my current wheels, but I was planning ahead in case I ever want to go wider than 205 or want to run a lower offset wheel.

ok, rust wise I understand.

but why would you want to run wider wheels in the rear then say 205? drives f*cked up and you do not really need it, also not if you are using slick tires.......
By Chance
ee8 wrote:
but why would you want to run wider wheels in the rear then say 205? drives f*cked up and you do not really need it, also not if you are using slick tires.......

cuz it looks sick

By ee8
#24855 mhoa, looks is an opinion :D

it looks funny indeed, not my kind of thing.....

do like the way that control arm is sitting there.......crazy angle...
By teal_dx
#24866 damn that thing is DUMPED :o

I'd never take my hatch that low, but down the road I may want something wider for auto-x.

I would occasionally rub a tiny bit in the rear with 16x7 +40mm and 205/45/16 Kumhos if the suspension compressed alot while turning.

(I know the 45 series should have been a 40 series on an EG)

But a 205 Azenis RT615 is more like a 215 in actual width If I were to ever put them on a 205/50/15 set of 15x7's

I Just like to keep my options open :D
By Greasedmonkey
#24896 This is how I rolled mine. I need to redo it a lil better. Get more roll out of it..
By Ej2-B16a
chnzgoofball wrote:HAHAHA man i just used a hammer and hammer that shit in... dun do that tho... will chip the paint hahaha :lol:

LMAO TOOLS FTW!!!!! i bent mine with pliers lmao