General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By teal_dx
#45 This is an easy mod, cheap too!

Solid Motor Mounts = less engine movement. Solid mounts WILL carry more engine vibration to the rest of the chassis.

1. Remove your motor mounts (after you pot blocks or something under the engine to support it) The rear mount is a huge PITA to remove, if you only remove the side mounts you will still see a big difference!

2. Clean the rubber area of the mounts with a toothbrush and degreaser.

3. You'll be setting the mount on it's side to fill it up, so tape the back off to hold the urethane in.

4. Fill it up! Let it sit for a few hrs before moving, let it sit for a day before you use it in your car.

some pics:

Price: $12 :)
By Sire
#17354 Great tip! Can you give me a part number for the NAPA urethane-kit? Thanks... :thumb:
By teal_dx
#17362 #4180 :?
It's been so long since I did that mod (5 yrs) I can't remember. They probably don't even have the same packaging anymore. Just be sure you get urethane and you should be good :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#17456 3M window weld works awesome too! :thumb: Its also a good idea to do the lower torque mounts.
By york62
#17461 i'm gonna do this also this winter when the Z6 goes back in
By Sire
teal_dx wrote:#4180 :?
It's been so long since I did that mod (5 yrs) I can't remember. They probably don't even have the same packaging anymore. Just be sure you get urethane and you should be good :thumb:

I know, they just don't have it in stock here, so the guys at NAPA asked me if I could give them a part number so they could order it... :eh:
By stefan
#17682 Hmmm, great tip indeed!!
Will be doing this soon :)
By hondajunkee
#17688 ive got a b-series driverside mount that has a tear in it so i just might have to try this instead of trashing it
By bankxi
#58632 how much more vibration are we talking?
By CivicTypeR
#58639 Great write up :thumb: couldn't you just use engine dampers though?

and Teal, is that your car in the first pic? What happened to your rims :shock:
By teal_dx
#58658 yeah you could, but this was cheaper and I think it would make it stiffer than a damper.
Still have the rims, but they're black now:
http://civic-eg.com/pics/mycivic_pics/DSCN1214.jpg
8)
By Bouli
#58717 an engine damper is nothing.....

Poly or solid mounts > Engine dampers
By Ecc0
#58719 For the Torque mounts I bought the HyperFlex polly bush kit well love it really is effective, but think I might do this to my engine mounts till I get some Hasport mounts or something similar :thumb:
By CivicTypeR
#58724 Them wheels look so sleek and sexy in black. :shock:
By Graham
#60856 Im thinking about doing this since some of my mounts are past their best!! Will the vibrations be really bad?