B16, B18, B20
By Boosted_cx
#40 This swap isnt really that hard to do at all!!! all you will need are the following:

Integra motor mounts!!!!
Integra shift linkage
Integra(bseries) axels
and a integra ecu pref. onethat is obd1 since your eg civic is already obd1..otherwise you will have to purchase a conversion harnessfrom either obd0 to obd1 or obd2 to obd1.

This swap really is not that hard at all. All you need to do is undo your harness by the six plugs. three on each side of the motor.
once those are out make sure you have everything disconected and out of your way. ex. exhaust manifold. radiator...etc.

Then what you will want to do is take of your shift linkage and take out your axels.

then what you want to do is just loosen your motor mounts and hook up your chain to using two sterdy mount holes to lift your motor up and out of your car.

Then take out your bolts and begin to lift your motor out of the car (you might need to jock it around a little bit but it will come out.)

The start with you new b series motor and work your way backwards from which you started.

This is a good learning project. If you work on it non stop you should be able to get it done in three to four days.

If you have any questions or comments pm me i check it often.

--Kevin
By eghatch
#138 dont forget to disconnect fuel lines and coolant lines :wink:

oh and depending on which model and year of car you are swapping the motor into. you may have to wire the vtec solenoid and vtec pressure switch from the ECU to the engine harness!! :wink:

just some more good info for anyone who doesnt know
By teal_dx
#139 true, only the 92 hatchbacks had the wiring for vtec solenoid & oil pressure sensor ran up to the passenger side shock tower. (correct me if I'm wrong) and the EX/Si had the full wiring & sensors. Any other years and you'll need to pin the wires into your ECU.
By eghatch
#140 that is true!!

except its weird... im not even sure which model my little brothers car is.. its a 95 4 door... but it had the vtec wiring!! so i stole it off of his car for my b16 swap lol..
By chnzgoofball
#2147 thanks a lot for the write up i will be putting this to use in a few weeks im going to pick up an ls in a couple weeks from a buddy so yeah thanks alot
By weaponr82
#20653 Ditto, my next big mod will be a gsr...did honda make an obd1 gsr 1.8 liter? I wanna keep it simple. I was foloowing along until someone said that we had to F with the Vtec wiring. Mines a 94 EX so i should be ok right? I suck with wiring dont ask me to do it please!
By chnzgoofball
weaponr82 wrote:Ditto, my next big mod will be a gsr...did honda make an obd1 gsr 1.8 liter? I wanna keep it simple. I was foloowing along until someone said that we had to F with the Vtec wiring. Mines a 94 EX so i should be ok right? I suck with wiring dont ask me to do it please!

there is an obd1 gsr 94-95 integ
By b18crx88
#50333 hey guys im new so id like to ask a few questions. this is what i have. obd0 ls block, obd2 ls head, obd2 b16 block. i have read in another forum that i can take the b16 pistons out and put them into the ls block. what i am wondering is if the block i have will work with the head that i have and what i need to do in order to put the b16 pistons into the block. i am curently a member of honda tech and all they seem to do is flame and be all assholes so im hoping that you guys could help me out with some simple yes' and no's thank you!!!!!!
By egcoupe94
#50797 well im about to swap a b18c1 in to my egcoupe mines a 94 ex should i have any problems or na ?????? :?
By shanX
#114510 With a B18C in, would it be difficult to make room for p/s pump and a/c compressor and all?? And could we use/interchange, stuff from D-series, like distributors, starter motors and all for B-series motors?
By luispizarro25
#116213 hey guy si know this might be a stupid question and the thread is kinda old but im doing a gsr obd1 into my 93 civic ex coupe. Could you simply and easily explain me what wires i need to play with and how in order to get this engine in my car. I would appreciate the help.

I been looking around but i get all mixed up with the answers.
Thank you
By Eg6H2D
teal_dx wrote:true, only the 92 hatchbacks had the wiring for vtec solenoid & oil pressure sensor ran up to the passenger side shock tower. (correct me if I'm wrong) and the EX/Si had the full wiring & sensors. Any other years and you'll need to pin the wires into your ECU.

I got a 93 Si, what exactly would i be looking for? when lookin for the wiring for vtec. I mean it is a D16z6 Vtec, so im hoping it has vtec wiring..

got any pics of it?
By v8killah
#138006 hey yo........i got a few questions i have an lsvtech and i did a swap i took a single cam out and put my ls in an eg and after everything is in the car turned on but it wasnt normal and i took a sencer of the single cam and hooked it up wit the ls. but b4 i pull the ls out of my other eg it didnt have a sencer!!! and i heard something about a cheat sencer to the ecu??????? idk if thats posibble and now the i have the car the car does not run the same it used too and its pissing me off. and i m just tryin to see if i can figure out something b4 i take it in to the shop cuz maybey i can do it my self well if u kinda understand wat i said hit me up that will help alot thanks
By teal_dx
v8killah wrote:hey yo........i got a few questions i have an lsvtech and i did a swap i took a single cam out and put my ls in an eg and after everything is in the car turned on but it wasnt normal and i took a sencer of the single cam and hooked it up wit the ls. but b4 i pull the ls out of my other eg it didnt have a sencer!!! and i heard something about a cheat sencer to the ecu??????? idk if thats posibble and now the i have the car the car does not run the same it used too and its pissing me off. and i m just tryin to see if i can figure out something b4 i take it in to the shop cuz maybey i can do it my self well if u kinda understand wat i said hit me up that will help alot thanks

I see this is your first post, here's some pointers to help you get a good answer.
1. start a new thread. this is a specific problem and will get more attention if it is not part of an old thread.
2. what do you mean by " wasnt normal" :?
3. what "sensor" are you talking about?
4. how is it running now compared to before?
5. do you have a check engine light and what is the code? (DIY for checking code in the Electrical section)

:thumb: