General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Ej2-B16a
#27857 Sorry bout the lack of pictures, more to come later.

(i mostly circled everything in red that you should pay attention to or that needs to be removed)

Ok first things first spray everything down with pb blaster or liquid wrench about 24 hours before you try unbolting anything..

Heres a number of things you unclamp / remove before you do anything

#1 Hose
#2 Fuel line
#3 hose
#4 hose
#5 fuel line
#6 hose
#7 intake
#8 Idle Air Controll (it made my life alot easier to pull the intake manifold back) but u definetly dont have to, but if you decide you want to, its only 2 bolts , 2 vacume hoses , and 1 wire w/ a housing that u unclamp.
#9 Strut bar (if you have 1)

Heres the amount of bolts you have to remove.

The ''Bitch'' bolt , you will have fun with taking off / putting back on...
Heres a better picture of how many studs/nuts

Heres a picture of the ''bitch bolt'' with all of the hoses on

After you'v removed all the bolts

There is going to be a mount that holds the intake manifold to the block, Be careful there are wires clamped onto that mount...
Should be 2 bolts on top, by the intake manifold side
and 1 big one on the block.

After you have removed the mount.. you will have studs sticking out, The studs will be unscrew out, They are threaded both ways and will look like this after you remove the nuts

Carefully ( if your gonna re use the studs ) with vise plyers (try not to damage the threads) unscrew all the studs.. they should come out fairly easy

Slide the intake manifold back CAREFULLY,

Clean off all the old gasket material, i would also spray everything down with a little Air intake / Throttle body cleaner... **MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CLEAN BEFORE REASSEMBLY!** Whatever you do dont drop a bolt down into the block ! wont be fun to take out...

*ok guys did this DIY off my mind of how i did it a while back.. correct me on anything that im wrong on... , MORE PICS TO COME PROBABLY SOON..
Last edited by Ej2-B16a on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Ej2-B16a
#27859 Oh and if anyone was wondering the fuel is not pressurized... your ok to unbolt fuel lines from the intake manifold
By Greasedmonkey
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:Oh and if anyone was wondering the fuel is not pressurized... your ok to unbolt fuel lines from the intake manifold

It is unless you have something wrong with your system. Or you took off your gas cap first.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#27905 Soo...

Remove gas cap before fucking with the fuel lines and you're good to go or...? :?
By Ej2-B16a
#27912 well, then i guess something is wrong with fuel system? if you say so..........................

from my expirence atleast.. after the cars been chilin.. BUT i guess if thats the way to de pressureize it..

and hehe yes it was a pain in the ass.. to take off.. (especially a first timer) i had no advice or nothing.. just went at it..
By BAXTER_EJ1
#27916 An elipses consists of THREE periods...
By Greasedmonkey
MKennedy86 wrote:An elipses consists of THREE periods...

LOL

Yes, when you remove the gas cap it is to depressurize the fuel system.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#27947 That would explain the high pitched hissing I hear when I remove it lol. Does that remove fuel from ALL of the fuel lines in your bay? :?

If so, that's amazing :)
By york62
MKennedy86 wrote:That would explain the high pitched hissing I hear when I remove it lol. Does that remove fuel from ALL of the fuel lines in your bay? :?

No, i cant imagine it would, yea it would be nice tho!
By ChicagoMike
MKennedy86 wrote:That would explain the high pitched hissing I hear when I remove it lol. Does that remove fuel from ALL of the fuel lines in your bay? :?

It does not.
By Ej2-B16a
#27957 welllllll..... idk wtf is wrong with my system then lol..

i just unbolted shit and it went smooth ahha
By Ej2-B16a
#31828 ooh and about the fuel pressure, whoever was wondering.. after the car has been off for about 10 mins.. the duel pressure will be settled.. dont need to touch anything :thumb:
By 93greenEG
#55968 anyone know what #4 is called. i broke it when i was trying to get it off so i need to try to get a new one but dont even know what it is lol