Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Gorveatt
#25944 Well at the moment i have a 7000k Techone HID kit... and well i loved it at first but now... urg can't stand it.. bad beam pattern can't see in the rain, and worst of all i miss my highbeams :( ... So i have been piecing this together for the past 6 months or so and i FINALLY got most of all the parts, just waiting on one more thing to come in the mail.

Headlights

Bixenon Projectors from an Audi A6/RS6

Phillips 85122+ 4300k D2S HID bulbs

This jumble of wires is my harness :lol:

Now to get this thing started :thumb:
Last edited by Gorveatt on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
By chnzgoofball
#25945 ooo ure thats gonna look sick when its done!! hurry!! i wanna see :lol: :shock: :thumb:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#25951 congrats on finally seeing the light!

have fun with that :)

I believe we are ground switch so we can use this setup.

i'm running stuff similar to you :)
By Gorveatt
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:congrats on finally seeing the light!

have fun with that :)

I believe we are ground switch so we can use this setup.

i'm running stuff similar to you :)

Don't worry the harness is already made up and tested, so i know it will work :thumb:
By Gorveatt
#26170 Well did some work today on the retrofit

fitment was almost good enough to leave it be, but i was too far forward... too bad it didn't go back further

After some adjustment and cutting it's now sitting properly

And i was worried that the Stanley corners weren't gonna match properly :lol:

Just need some shrouds now and throw it together and it's doen for that part :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
#26173 ooo is it gonna be able to move up and down just like the audi can?? or wasa it side to side?? :shock: ooo and it turned out suprisingly well :woot:
By Gorveatt
chnzgoofball wrote:ooo is it gonna be able to move up and down just like the audi can?? or wasa it side to side?? :shock: ooo and it turned out suprisingly well :woot:

LOL no i only have enough room for the OEM headlight adjustment, but horizontal adjustment shouldn't be an issue cause it fits pretty snug in there loland of all the things i found for a shroud... was this

Staless steel camping mug :lol:
By chnzgoofball
#26193 ^^^ what is that for? :?
By Gorveatt
#26195 it's for putting over the projector to block the excess light from escaping and keeping it clean looking as well.
By chnzgoofball
Gorveatt wrote:it's for putting over the projector to block the excess light from escaping and keeping it clean looking as well.

ooo smart :thumb: :woot: for creativity :lol:
By york62
#26210 i wanna do this man!!, you gonna sell me your old hid's now?
By Gorveatt
york62 wrote:i wanna do this man!!, you gonna sell me your old hid's now?

I'm reusing the old ballasts for it, so i saved myself like $150 right there lol
By york62
Gorveatt wrote:

I'm reusing the old ballasts for it, so i saved myself like $150 right there lol

damn! Well I think one day I will have to invest in some good headlights like yourself
By Gorveatt
york62 wrote:
Gorveatt wrote:

damn! Well I think one day I will have to invest in some good headlights like yourself

Well just a heads up with a retrofit you can take one of two roads, Bixenon, or single beam. With the single beam you have the option of using projectors such as the S2000's, or TSX those are the two most popular for single beam and both kick royal ass. then for the Bixenon you sacrifice some low beam output, like E55 projectors for example, they have a decent low beam but nothing compared to the TSX or S2000, i'm using RS6 Bixenon's now these are similar to the E55's but the bowl has a less dull finish so i am pretty sure are a little better then the E55's.. But with the E55's and RS6's i hear they have one of the better Highbeams that are available. i have yet to be able to compare them myself cause i don't have them...lol