ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By projecthonda
SOURCE: http://www.efsource.net/tech/D15BHT/SensorID.php

Now what they do (to the best of my knowledge):

1. Coolant Temp Sending unit, sends the coolant temp to the gauge cluster so you can see how hot/cool the engine is…

2. Coolant Temp Sensor, sends the coolant temp to the ECU so the ECU knows how cool the engine is…

3. Intake Air Temp sensor (also known as IAT), sends the temperature of the air coming in the intake to the ECU…

4. Oil pressure switch, sends the engine blocks oil pressure to the gauge cluster (and perhaps the ECU as well, I’m not sure exactly)…

5. Idle Air Control Valve (also known as IACV), this unit lets in coolant to see how hot the engine is to allow for the proper air/fuel mixture to adjust for idle…

6. Throttle Position Sensor (also known as TPS), tells the ECU how much of a lead foot you have (how wide the throttle butterfly is open)…

7. Thermo switch (also known as the fan switch), at a certain coolant temp this turns on your radiator fans…

8. Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (also known as the MAP sensor), tells the ECU how much pressure is in the intake manifold…

9. Oxygen Sensor (also know as the O2 sensor), this tells the ECU if your running too lean or too rich…

10. Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control (more commonly know as VTEC), I hope you know what this is, if not see HERE..… <<--- click this

11. VTEC Oil Pressure Switch, tells the ECU if there is enough oil pressure (or too much) to activate VTEC…

HTH
By bietelboer
#36087 All pic's are dead :?
By york62
bietelboer wrote:All pic's are dead :?

Same for me!

if you put the link to the pic, it says server not found.
By crazicaveman
york62 wrote:
bietelboer wrote:All pic's are dead :?

Same for me!

if you put the link to the pic, it says server not found.

x2
By DJSilkie
#65900 yeah I was really interested in seeing this because I need help with my 02 sensor on my wire tuck...

...but all the images are corrupt