General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By tigerafro
#184663 If you mess up your car, it is your own fault. this is only a guide.

Things needed:
seafoam
bottle

you will be adding the seafoam to:

Engine: pour a third of seafoam in to the part where you put your oil.

Gas tank: add a third of seafoam into engine tank

Brake booster: feed the last thrid into the vaccuum feed. when doing this part, make sure you have someone giving the car some gas or else it will cut off. the car will choke a little bit.

When you finish feeding it into the vaccuum, turn the motor off for 10 minutes. After, turn it on and go around your neighborhood or streets to burn off the carbon. It's pretty cool. like a batman smoke screen.

It's also important to change your oil after you do this to get all the seafoam out of your car. Also, check your spark plugs.
Last edited by tigerafro on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tigerafro
teal_dx wrote:should you do it when the gas tank is almost empty?

i would imagine you would treat it like you would injector cleaner and put it in a full tank of gas. i had almost a full tank when i put it in. i'm at half a tank now.
By BaTzEG92
#186119 I've heard of seafoam before but never really researched it. Did a bit of Googling after seeing this thread and I'm still undecided - is this risky to do on a high mileage (175k) engine? Then again, I was told that the motor in my hatch only has 80k on it, so I'm in the dark on the true mileage :D.

Cleaner parts, better mileage, smoother idle, all seem like great benefits, but a blown engine is a steep gamble :?
By Lowkei
#186149 I have done this a handfull on times. All motors had 150+ miles on them and they have been running strong for over a year now. I will get some pictures put up if ya'll want of how I'v done it.
By Ajax1989
#186198 i did it on my car that had 220k+ on it

and nothing happen if anything it helped my emissions :thumb:
By tigerafro
#186273 this shouldn't mess up your car. the thing it could mess up is fuel pump i suppose. my fuel pump is on its way out i think, and it hasn't messed it up yet. after a week, the car sounds much better.

this is really just an alternative to injection and fuel sys cleaner i think, or whatever jiffy lube offers.
By ImThaBean
#198375 I have seafoamed a handful of cars and never had I had any issue. As a matter of fact, I just did a treatment on my daily with 222,230 on the odo with no problems. :thumb:
By 95CivEg
#243807 bout to do this on my ej1 with 227+ have only heard great things about it so why not try it!
By 92hatchie
#243810 like how long will it smoke?
By 92hatchie
#244142 ? does it smoke for a long time?
By cjw_89
#244649 i have been reasearching this past few days, see a couple of youtube vids.Is there any DRASTIC improvements? I want to do this!
By 92hatchie
#244781 i want to do it too!!! it seems like it is worth it but the only reason y i havent done it is because idk on how long it smokes for..
By FunctionX
#256273 I just did this yesterday by myself. The vacuum feed was really hard. engine cut off once because i fed too much into it.

408eg6 wrote:i want to do it too!!! it seems like it is worth it but the only reason y i havent done it is because idk on how long it smokes for..

Mine smoked for around 10+ min. I guess mine was pretty bad
Man there was sooo much smoke coming out of my car. :lol:
Went driving around the neighborhood and made some bystanders in front of their car choked on my smoke. :P
By Honda4life
#256290 Been waiting for someone to do a write up on this. If you have a high milage car and need to pass smog then it's good to use. If you live in Cali like myself then you should use sea foam because it will def clean out your car from what I've heard from friends with high milage motors and when trying to pass smog here in Cali you do everything you can to pass smog because Cali is pretty strict on their retarded emissions.