Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By teal_dx
#350 Our cars are easy to steal, if someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. But there are ways you can make it harder for them to steal...

Say you buy a good alarm & get it installed. All a thief has to do is pull away the splash shield on your driver side fender and he has instant access to your hood release cable. once he slices it and pops your hood, alarm siren wires will be cut & it will be useless. even if you got crafty and mounted your siren in a sneaky spot, they can just as esily cut or unbolt your battery cable.

Here is a picture of my EG with the fender removed. you can see the hood cable running along the outside of the front frame. Once the spash shield is pulled down, the cable is right there.

First unbolt the 3 bolts that hold on your hood latch
Then with a pair of needle nose pliers, pull out the end of the cable from the latch assembly. (similar to removing a brake cable on a bike)

Next remove the cable from the holding clips with a pair of pliers:

The other option is to remove the cable from the other end where it meets the handle inside, but I hate crawling around the floor of my car to mess with removing it that way.

Now the cable is free all the way to where it goes into the interior.

Next notice there is a hole going into the frame right above where the cable comes out of the interior...

Shove the cable through it and follow the frame untill it comes out up by the headlight. (it may take a little work, but not too hard)

You're done! route the rest of the cable as it was and connect everything back up to the hoodlatch. Bolt in the latch.

Can a thief still get to your hood cable? Sure- but you just made it 10 times harder.

Notice I already had my car apart to do this, you don't need to dis-assemble but it will make it easier to re-route the cable.
By solbrothers
#385 thanks a lot!! great write-up!!
By chnzgoofball
#2143 yeah i someone tried to get into mines with a similar method but they pulled out my corner light to pull the cable no luck though... thank god
By boxcarracer0260
#3800 that is really cool thanks for the write up..
By Mike
#3802 :lol: well i dont know... but my alarm has multiple hood sensors and motion sensors. if the hood is even shaken it will appear on my LCD display screen i carry with me, or if its poped it will notify me of that aswell.

In which time i run out with a bat. So i guess im all good right? and i have a Club :P
By boxcarracer0260
#4546 when i did the driver side wire tuck i also did this and it makes me feel so much better even though my alarm is so sensitve a fly could fart on the window and it would go off...
By Chance
boxcarracer0260 wrote: even though my alarm is so sensitve a fly could fart on the window and it would go off...

aaaaahaha seriously made me lol....

anyway this is a good write up! im gonna do this to my hatch this weekend!
By chnzgoofball
Graham wrote:
teal_dx wrote:you can never have too many layers of security :thumb:

x3
By suspendedHatch
#20040 Great writeup. I did this mod to both of my cars, EG, and DA. The DA is documented on my security site and is very similar.

Only thing I want to gripe about is that people tend to minimize the process of defeating an alarm. Simply cutting the siren or disconnecting the battery does not defeat the alarm. It's merely the first step in buying more time so that the thief can defeat the alarm's start-kill function.

If you want to see how to make the alarm and siren impossible to bypass, check my site.

http://www.causeforalarm.thecarthing.co ... index.html
By Ej2-B16a
#27930 screw a alarm, ill just buy a gun and sleep in my car....

or put a snake in your car over night :)
By york62
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:screw a alarm, ill just buy a gun and sleep in my car....

or put a snake in your car over night :)

they will shoot you while you sleep! :thumb:
By Banichulo
#31891 dont be so sure of yourself by tucking in the hood cabel, i removed mine and i could still open my hood, the way is my sticking your hand under neath the car till you reach the hood lach theres some type of lever with a spring you push that towards the driver side and if done right the hood will open. :?

but a safe way from preventing theafs from getting in your car, is by removing the lock switch in side the car or if you have power doors disconectin the switch, must be done to all doors, so when a theaf reaches in the car to unlock the door he wont be abel to cause the wire is of. the only way in is by smashing the window or having a copy of the key. :thumb: :hehe: