Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Punksz6
#323736 nice :thumb:
By Skillachie
#323895 Image

:jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow:
By 92egdxhatch
#323898 Today I finally got it plated legally!

Also pulled my spare LS transmission case off to check the condition of sychros etc. The transmission in the car now doesn't have reverse, and is very sloppy. So now just gotta pull it out now and swap the LSD differential into the spare tranny.

All the sychros look great and it's really clean inside.

By chillwill167
#324234 This is a nice build keep up the good work, EG is Clean :thumb:
By 92egdxhatch
#324516 Friday I fixed my exhaust had a broken hanger and I painted it with VHT.

Installed, looking at it straight on you can't see it barely.

The car sounds stock with the Cutout closed. Which is nice.

I had a request on The civic-eg FB for some engine shots. Here are a few I took with a GoPro.

By 92egdxhatch
#329776 It's been a while since ive posted.

A few weeks ago I rebuilt the tranny, and resolved my no reverse problem and horrible third gear grind. There was a lot of heat damage on various parts. I essentially used two LS trannys to make one good one. The tranny shifts great now, and is very smooth.

Here is a pic during the process. I dont have a garage basement floor ftw!

Some heat damage on the old input shaft

Okay, now onto the next new thing!

The car started to run weird, like it was on three cylinders this last week. It has also been smoking out of the crankcase breather box NON stop.

A compression test showed:

#1 - 110 psi
#2 - 180 psi
#3 - 160 psi
#4 - 175 psi

I found an exhaust leak at the turbo manifold flange on cylinder #1 I believe this caused a lean condition and either burned up an exhaust valve or broke a ringland. So its time for a new motor. The valve guides seeped oil on decel anyhow. So im just limping it to and from work until i can take care of it. I cant complain the engine has a couple years and 20,000+ miles of boosted abuse.

Thanks for looking!
By MG6
#329777 Nice. with the heat damage on the shaft, is it caused by tranny oil not being changed over time or just ware and tear?
By stubrun
#329787 that is epic! wat a motor....
By mannyeg6
#329795 kkep the good work
By 92egdxhatch
#329950 Well, it finally died today. Smoking and knocking on my way home from work until it stopped it self.

Not sure what route to go now.
By 92egdxhatch
#330506 Here's what came out with my magnetic drain plug

Also got the motor out on Wednesday. Some parts should be here today. I'll post when they show.

By red hatch
#330511 nice ride! did the turbo perform better when you had it topmount rather than under the ramhorn? just curious.
By 92egdxhatch
teal_dx wrote:Why hasn't this car been submitted for ROTM yet :hehe: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=330508

I don't feel it's worthy IMO!

And I have not had a top mount setup on the car during my ownership, it did with the previous owner though.

Waiting on UPS to post some pics of the goods!!