D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By hondajunkee
#31069 im picking up a d16z6 tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone had pictures of a d series on an engine stand. im trying to figure where to mount it and i really dont want to break anything. also which bolts did you use? Thanks guys
By ChicagoMike
#31074 As for the bolts, you go to the local hardware store and get bolts that are about 1/2" longer than your transmission bolts.......but they have to be the same thread pitch as your tranny bolts. Its probably a good idea to pick up some washers too, just in case you have to make adjustments.

And here's your pic on how/where to mount it. :thumb:

By hondajunkee
#31076 cool thanks man that helps a ton, do you happen to know the thread size of the tranny bolts?
By ChicagoMike
#31077 Off the top of my head, no..........but I'll see if I can find it for ya.
By ChicagoMike
#31078 Everything I've come across says this.....

M12X1.25mm
By JDM FERIO MAN
#37409 by my sohc vtec head $300 all new sh1t
By LSR
#47900 :woot:
By -EJ1- COUPE
#47964 this is my motor i just used the tranny bolts through the stand

By Classiccarsrule85
#88371 i know this is sorta old n stuff but the bolts i use are the upper trans mount and motor moutn bolts they thread perfectly in 17mm head n for mine i had to use a couple of washers but it beat trying to find the stuff at the store just thought id mention this
By biretsu89
#88858 All I used was 3 of the trans bolts... i didnt even bolt the thing 100 percent of the way and it was still good :thumb: .. it is only a honda motor.... not that heavy for a motor
By coeg
#90133 Yeah there really not that heavy at all.
By CivicEG
-EJ1- COUPE wrote:this is my motor i just used the tranny bolts through the stand

Sexy engine
By Sentry
coeg wrote:Yeah there really not that heavy at all.

Engine + Trans combined in my old Metro was something like 140 lbs. :lol: