What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By civicboy18
#207099 damn! those rims are shiny. 8)
By 92civic_vx
#209739 nice diy. i picked up a set of fat 5's for $75, they are somewhat hazy. i am gonna do this and hope they look as good as what ive seen on here.
By reighn3
#216254 Hey teal do you think this can be done to a valve cover too?
By 1992EG8
#226772 Can i use this same process on the lips of my wheels ?
By Ajax1989
#226781 on a scale 1-10 how hard will it be to do the jizzer fat 5's?
and is it better to use your hands or a elecric sander or even a sanding block??

and does the does the sand paper have to be stickly for a certain use?
cuz harbor frieght has some good ass deals on sandpaper but some of it says for wood or this or that
By teal_dx
#226835 GSR's would be easy because they are more flat and only 5 spokes. Lip is a simple design compared to HX's too.
You want sand paper for wet sanding, the grey stuff.

Use a sanding block for flat surfaces because using your hands can cause you to round down the edges of the spokes. Bur for getting in tight areas or curves like on rims with a stepped lip, fingers work best.

For the fat 5's I would only polish the surface and paint the inset areas on the sides of the spokes. they are usually a rougher casting and would take forever to smooth.
By Ajax1989
teal_dx wrote:GSR's would be easy because they are more flat and only 5 spokes. Lip is a simple design compared to HX's too.
You want sand paper for wet sanding, the grey stuff.

Use a sanding block for flat surfaces because using your hands can cause you to round down the edges of the spokes. Bur for getting in tight areas or curves like on rims with a stepped lip, fingers work best.

For the fat 5's I would only polish the surface and paint the inset areas on the sides of the spokes. they are usually a rougher casting and would take forever to smooth.

ya so for the dry sanding would it be safe to use a electric sander?
if not i got a block

and i plan on painting the insides black or drak grey i like how it turned out wit your HX's
By Ajax1989
#226857 oh the 1st step is wetsand?
i thought u started wit dry then switched to wet lol

ok so wetsand from start to finish :thumb:
either im gonna do this to my fat 5's or si depends on
if this deal im workin on gose through :wink:
By JohnAWESOME
#226869 So I have these on my 94 VX hatch I was planning on buying new ones but now that I have seen this my ideas may of changed. I was thinking that they might be HX ones but the centers are a little fatter. Anyone think that it is worth the work to polish them up? and hey teal did you do all your wet sanding in the bath tub?

By Ajax1989
#226879 those are the stock VX rims