Post YOUR Sedan here
By Fanatix
#204228 Hello everyone,

I am creating my build thread to show off what I have done and get input.

My wife and I picked up our car two weeks ago and it needed some work:

notice the bad taillights

Damaged corner light and fender

No AC

What I have done so far:

The cup holders were painted black and were broken:

Other pieces were painted black or multicolored:

I replaced these pieces, here are the after pictures:

I switched the taillights to oem (the inside lights will be changed too):

I installed a new fender with JDM corner lights:

I installed an ac system:

I also have a new trunk to replace the dented one on the car but I haven't installed it.

As a side note, here are pics of my previous two cars:

Trunk being painted:

Primer done

The boxes of parts in my office....

I decided I'd try to go with a flat brown paint instead of flat black. This is only the first coat. I like the way it is looking. I don't think the photos give it justice. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Fanatix on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
By berg89
#204254 Nice start. Looking at how nice your other cars are i wanna see what happens with this one. :twisted:
By Fanatix
DontHateonEG8 wrote:awesome pick up!
man i love tC's - bad ass cars dude!
overall welcome to the site and ill def in for more updates :thumb:

Thanks.

I really miss the TC. I sold it for a better commuting car and got the fit. Now my wife and I have a child so I am selling the fit to get rid of the loan.
By Fanatix
hensondo wrote:Welcome to the site, your sedan is still sexier then mine bad tail lights and all

Thanks
By Fanatix
berg89 wrote:Nice start. Looking at how nice your other cars are i wanna see what happens with this one. :twisted:

I hope I can make it as nice....but it will take sometime. No quick transformations this time.

BTW, you live in Boise? My dad lives in eagle and I visit him from time to time.
By Fanatix
#206331 So, I had the ac system checked this week only to find out that the R134 system I had in was really an R12.....I will have to convert it myself.

on a good note, I have a bunch of boxes of stuff to put on the car in my office. I will try to take a photo of it soon.
By Fanatix
teal_dx wrote:Nice work so far, especially on the interior. What do you have to do to convert from R12 to R134 :?

I'm new to working on an ac system but I believe you have to add something to connections of each tube to prevent it from leaking and then you have to fully drain the compressor because R12 and R134 can not be mixed.
By Torch_Ind
teal_dx wrote:Nice work so far, especially on the interior. What do you have to do to convert from R12 to R134 :?

it can be a pain.

you need a retro kit to change the fittings to r-134 then leak test the system.

then add the 134 to the system and see how well it works if it blows cool but not cold then you may have to get a different low pressure switch or adjustable one if available.

I believe 134 runs higher pressures to. and being the age the car is you may end up finding out just about every thing needs to be changed.

i started doing that on my cb7 accord and just found was way to much $$$ for my liking!! I took the 134 back out. and did the windows and sunroof opened all the time instaid!!
By DontHateonEG8
Torch_Ind wrote:

it can be a pain.

you need a retro kit to change the fittings to r-134 then leak test the system.

then add the 134 to the system and see how well it works if it blows cool but not cold then you may have to get a different low pressure switch or adjustable one if available.

I believe 134 runs higher pressures to. and being the age the car is you may end up finding out just about every thing needs to be changed.

i started doing that on my cb7 accord and just found was way to much $$$ for my liking!! I took the 134 back out. and did the windows and sunroof opened all the time instaid!!

there's a kit in autozone for r134 fittings :thumb:
By Torch_Ind
#206377 I would do the r134 fittings and try it and see how it goes.

do you know why it doesn't work right now??
By bumpin

teal i think he needs to change his compressor, expansion valve, filter drier and flush out the entire piping system with nitrogen then replace it with new refrigerant r134a thats how i did mine :thumb:
By Fanatix
#206492 I was told that I just need to flush the system with nitrogen and change the fittings and all should be good.