Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By dbrooks
#201983 So I've been noticing a lot of peoples brakes have been sucking. I recently replaced my master cylinder with no luck. I ran on non-power brakes for awhile until i decided to fix mine.

Its a pretty simple process, but somethings are really annoying with it.

First start off my disconnecting your brake lines from your master cylinder and removing it from your firewall/power brake booster. Also remove the one vacuum line from the booster

here is the MC removed. be sure to keep it in a safe place and i kept mine topped off with fluid so I wouldn't have to bench bleed it again.

After you have that removed, its time to get under the dash :(

Start off by moving the black plastic piece that goes over your steering column. It makes things a lot easier.

Here is a picture of the most annoying pin in the world! Mine had been messed with before so yours might be a little easier to handle. I ended up making a new one! haha

After you have the pin out, pop the pin out holding the brake pedal to the brake booster and set it in a safe place.

Next you need to unbolt the 4 nuts holding the power brake booster on.

After that, you can wiggle that booster out and put your new one on it reverse order of removal.

REMEMBER TO BLEED YOUR BRAKES! Since you've disconnected your brake lines and you've probably sucked air into them.
By familyEGuy23
#222806 :) nice...so if I wanted to upgrade to 94-01 integra dc2 brakes this would be the same process right?
By Lustshadow
familyEGuy23 wrote::) nice...so if I wanted to upgrade to 94-01 integra dc2 brakes this would be the same process right?

sort of.

you need to make new lines to your prop valve with the integ setup as the holes are in different places. otherwise its just bolt up, just remember you have to go integ to integ mc/bb or civic to civic mc/bb as the physical mounts are in the opposite direction.
By familyEGuy23
#223905 sort of.

you need to make new lines to your prop valve with the integ setup as the holes are in different places. otherwise its just bolt up, just remember you have to go integ to integ mc/bb or civic to civic mc/bb as the physical mounts are in the opposite direction.[/quote]

Thanx for the info :thumb:
By dbrooks
#224123 Man, I'm so pissed. This brake booster I installed was faulty. Now I get to do this whole process again. I don't think it will be as big of a bitch though. Haha
By ndn001
#342362 So the hard lines didn't match to the prop valve when upgrading to dc2 brakes? What about the hardlines to the mc?