General exhaust discussion & questions
By xhardlinerx
#325456 Would a stock jdm catalytic converter from a S2000 fit (F20C engine)?

It also comes with the entire exhaust system, but I dont need that. This guy said the catalytic converter has been tested and reconditioned so it is legal to sell and buy. I didnt know selling nonreconditioned cats was illegal, I am not going to mess around a catalytic converter that is illegal.
By kylenjdm93
#325460 im ase certified and a machinest, but i do know that selling a "refurbished" cat is illegal,

ill look up the federal law code for you if i have to

just go to your local exhuast shop and purchase one do it right the first time

and btw "high flow" cats are bullshit same junk just little bit bigger diameter in the pipe

if you want a high flow cat just buy a 3" exhaust with resonators, so its not all rice and loud

my kids godfather is state patorl and he gives the biggest ticket he can for loud exhaust our county will get rid of your ticket if you show proof of recipt that you had your exhaust system changed to one that has resonators not a fart can

apexi, skunk2, greddy

all give our hondas a bad name.....

just get a 3" custom exhaust thats quiet. i have one on my k and i still make power, it flows just fine.

at the end of the day if you look at the basic mechanics of an engine even adding bigger cams changing the compression ratio you only need a 3" that flows deent its not how fast you can dump it out its how fast you can pull air in, the exhaust allways pushes itself out like a drain in a sink. :thumb:

if your only pushing in 2" of water in, and pumping out into a 3" drain is a cat and resonators really going to restrict flow???

hope this helps out. maybe i should have put this in the exhuast section or engine section

ill post up the math we use when building engines and such even though the computers do it anyway
By xhardlinerx
#325501 Does anyone know if a Honda CRV catalytic converter will fit a b16? He said he will include receipts with warranty and install it at the shop

Thanks, but I dont really want to spend $600 on a OEM catalytic converter.

All of the exhaust shops I contacted sell aftermarket catalytic converters and Im pretty sure they are the cheap based kind that will only last a year for emissions.

I talked to the guy and he doesnt have the s2000 catalytic converter anymore, if that CRV catalytic converter fits and the paperwork checks out I will get that one.

Otherwise im going to keep researching what is the best aftermarket brand for a catalytic converter that I can buy from rockauto.
By kylenjdm93
#325504 the old crv's yes, as they have the b20b block stock.

so answer to your question, just to pass emissions, YES the crv cat will work :thumb:

the f20c s2k engine has different sized piping as well as the bolts that align it

if your getting a universal aftermarket cat that is not oe HONDA, 99% of them have to be welded in anyway :thumb:

so get the one for the crv have them install it then go test and pass your emissions.

I must have misread the questions and previous posts, I apologize for giving too much info. :D
By asianrob
#325505 do you even need a cat?
here in Oklahoma, even tho its off road use only, we dont have emissions for them to check. so alot of us usually dont run one.

and "flex pipe" bull shit is useless FYI.

anyways just get an after market cat. order one and get it put on when you do your exhaust.