B16, B18, B20
By eg_gsr92
#302679 Hey guys! I want to start off by saying that this is honestly my first FWD car. I specialize in 240sx-tech stuff, but I wanted to get a 92 Honda Civic Hatch. I finally found it and traded for it. It already has a GSR swap from a 94 teg, but VTEC doesn't work. I've searched on how to hook it up, but it's all vague with no definite answer. Anyone got a thread I can look at with pics or someone with some more know-how on this swap lol I appreciate anything.
By teal_dx
#302818 Do you have a check engine light for it not working? Can you confirm the code to be sure?

Vtec is pretty simple... there are 2 wires from the ecu and 1 ground. If you look in the mini-me thread, http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10 It explains how to run the wiring.
The other reason it may not work is low oil pressure since vtec is activated by a combo of oil pressure + rpm.
By eg_gsr92
#302850 Well the in reads that it's a VX and I have the chipped p28, but it doesn't have the spot for the IAB solenoid to plug into so I got a pin and connected it to I believe the A17 spot on the ecu. Wiring isn't really my specialty. I'm throwing 2 codes #9 CYP - cylinder sensor and #41 Primary oxygen sensor heater. :?