D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By LaMbErT*
#4559 Whats the best engine oil for a D15b2 ?
By eg-civic-racer
#4562 sup bro, just down the road from me!!

i have been using castrol magnatec 10w-40

Pretty good stuff for your daily run about

You can get different ratings like Advance or GTX

What do you use the car for?

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/castrolh ... ryselector
By ChicagoMike
#4578 The Bomb!!!

By eg-civic-racer
#4592 Dont you guys use different oils perhaps of different fuel that you guys use? ( do you guys use a different rating of fuel?) We use super unleaded. Do you guys across the sea not use premium? If that makes a difference? Just that 5w30 sounds a bit mental over here? I dont know!! :thumb:
By teal_dx
Guccipoo wrote:Dont you guys use different oils perhaps of different fuel that you guys use? ( do you guys use a different rating of fuel?) We use super unleaded. Do you guys across the sea not use premium? If that makes a difference? Just that 5w30 sounds a bit mental over here? I dont know!! :thumb:

a stock motor is fine on 87 octane, but I used 92 or 93 (premium) when I had 10.5:1 compression ratio. Same for anyone running turbo, you'll want the higher octane to decrease chance of detonation. Even with mild mods, I'd use 89 octane just for a piece of mind.
But I don't know about using a certain oil type depending on what octane gas you use :? I never heard of that before... tell me how it works?
By eg-civic-racer
#4597 i thought you guys ran a higher lead concentraion petrol? Thats why you would use different oils? I could be wrong, it was more like a query other than a fact!! :?
By vtec_gloucester
#4633 our normal fuel is 95 ron over here and the high octaine stuff is 99 ron, which is the stuff i use... its a few pennys more but worth it in my case as the standard fuel in jap land is like 102 ron.

so in other words our fuel over here is more explosive!!

anyway - i use 10w 40 oil. :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#4636 I run 100 octane and use 5w30. I believe 5w30 is what Honda recomends.
By ohDirka
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:The Bomb!!!

So ive heard...never ran it though
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:I run 100 octane and use 5w30. I believe 5w30 is what Honda recomends.

yeah i kno a lot of friends that do the same and they have built motors too!! and i kno a few that stepped it up to 10w40 but they're paranoid ppl tho...
By boxcarracer0260
#4684 i use valvoline 10W30 with Lucas oil stabilizer.
By LaMbErT*
#4790 Thanks peeps, and Guccipoo ill be using it for everything lol its my first car, my only car and ive still not passed my test yet im just wanting the engine and everything running/looking sweet for when i do! Also im wanting to do everything to try and rip the arse of my mates EK but i seriously doubt it that things quick! Still didn't beat my bros glanza the other nite tho :P
By LaMbErT*
#4976 May aswell just ask all my questions in this topic rather than make loads of new ones.

Whats the best manifold for my civic ? I was wanting a DC sports one but the lambda sensor is on my manifold and what type of long ram should i get just AEM ? And does that bolt straight onto the throttle body ?

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=4259

Also - Thinking of getting this it says its ok for the D15b7 but what about b2 i really want it :P