D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By IconEG
#357167 Hey guys well heres the deal i put in a fresh rebuild Z6 and so far i got it to crank and eventually turned on but berly stays running have to keep my foot on the gas to get it rev at least to 1k once inlet off boom just dies.
Checked spark and compression and fuel all checked okay. I really don't want to mess up this new motor :( stressing it just thinking about it
Also obd1 z6 in a 94 eg if you guys can pls help i would love it :D
By IconEG
HeikDiesel wrote:Did you actually jumper the connector or is there just currently no CEL

No didn't jump any thing everything is connected fine like it should be
By HeikDiesel
#357239 No what I'm saying is that you have to jump the blue diagnostic connector to show what code you have if a check engine light is on. But sometimes if you jump that connector even when the light isn't on in the cluster, there's sometimes a code displayed. Also, are you sure all your wiring on the intake manifold is correct?
By IconEG
HeikDiesel wrote:No what I'm saying is that you have to jump the blue diagnostic connector to show what code you have if a check engine light is on. But sometimes if you jump that connector even when the light isn't on in the cluster, there's sometimes a code displayed. Also, are you sure all your wiring on the intake manifold is correct?

Oh okay i see i get you. I will give that a try
Yeah double check all the wiring everything is connected where its suppose to be at and seems fine
By teal_dx
#357375 Does the CEL light come on when the key is in accessory mode (when you click forward and fuel pump primes)?
Just making sure it's not burned out. :thumb:
By IconEG
teal_dx wrote:Does the CEL light come on when the key is in accessory mode (when you click forward and fuel pump primes)?
Just making sure it's not burned out. :thumb:

Yeah bro not burnt it's fine works like it should.

UPDATE !
So it now starts but ONLY when it's cold then idles for a bit then starts to die then it will only crank. Then I let it sit for a bit and then turns on but rough idle then when about to get warm it does again :( any thoughts