D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By turbo_tony
#350585 First of all I wanna say hello to everyone I'm new to this forum and this will be my first post.im wondering what header/exhaust combo you guys are running out there. I DD my car 5 days a week for 10 miles each day from my house to work only. BUT I take my car to the track at least once a month. I recently have a no name header on and a no name exhaust tip on it since it came with the car. I'm looking for something not too loud while crusing but throaty at wot, I've heard apexi ws2 is a good choice any input on that. Ohh by the way I'm running a d15b7 with bolt ons (cai, skunk 2 intake and throttle body)
By TrailerTrash
#350587 first off welcome :thumb:

second, theres no need for 2 threads.

third, there is an exhaust section
By turbo_tony
#350589 Hahah sorry for posting 2 threads about it didn't see where I 2 as posting at first (Noob!) And to make matters worst I couldn't delete my thread :thumbdown: . I'll do a lil more research before posting sorry.
By teal_dx
#350592 The Twin Loop is a pretty quiet setup. I've never had one so I'm not sure how they sound at WOT. If you already have an aftermarket header and it isn't cracking or rusted through, I wouldn't bother replacing it. On a lightly modded d15b7, you aren't going to feel any power gains by going from one header to another. I think you'll have more fun investing that $ into suspension or wheels. :thumb:
By turbo_tony
#350594 Thanks for your input bro :thumb: I'm not too worried about gaining tons of power from it since I have a d15b waiting to be swapped in and all the parts are interchangeable. I'll look into a twin loop set up. And suspension wise I believe I'm all set. I do track events once a month like a said and the first thing I did was suspension work. Replaced all. Ushing with an energy kit got skunk 2 pro c coils, skunk 2 control arms, front and rear strut bar, and skunk 2 front and rear camber kit. As for wheels I use my srt for DD and my gram lights for track time.

By TrailerTrash
#350598 nice looking car man.

you have a JDM D15B waiting to go in? or the non jdm version
By turbo_tony
#350599 I have a jdm d15b vtec. I'm rebuild it at the moment have a few lil things here and there to be done with it but it's coming along pretty good =)
By TrailerTrash
#350602 right on. i have the same engine in my coupe :thumb:
By turbo_tony
#350603 It's been pretty reliable so far? I some what push my motors at the track :woot:
By TrailerTrash
#350605 it was swapped into my car already when i got it so i have no idea how many miles are actually on the motor. but ive put over 50k miles on it in the last 5 years and its been 100% reliable. other than a sensor or two here and there and an alternator but thats just the little bits that go bad no matter what car you drive :thumb:

a few bolt ons and its a heck of a fun motor
By rustyrex
#350606 I custom built my header and exhaust because I didn't like the options out there for a D16A6 in a 1995 CX. I used all Vibrant exhaust pieces. The only piece that's name brand is my actual muffler. Its a Greedy axle back section from my 1996 Integra LS. It is loud at WOT but cruising around it sounds great and I have no droneing at all.
By turbo_tony
#350607 Thanks for the input guys. I'm a diesel mechanic and have a few buddies that work next to me at a welding shop so customization would be possible. Have any of you guys ever messed with the apexi ws2 cat back?
By brandoff88
#350655 I also have a jdm d15b vtec in my 94 ex coupe, I run a cheap 4-2-1 ebay header with my o2 sensor at the collector ( ran too rich when it was in the stock position) to a stock cat, and a full 2 1/4 yonaka catback, nice and quite when crusing but gets pretty nasty in vtec lol. all in all I think I spent sub 300 bucks on my entire setup (reused the same cat I had on the car) and im pretty happy with it, had it since august