D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By theforce
#328413 Hey fellas, I (think) am in need of a full head gasket set after overheating very bad to the point where the car would not drive, had to wait for couple of hours for it to cool down. Was stuck in traffic and am not running a fan :( I'm also guessing the thermostat also didn't open. I turned the heater on to dissipate some heat inside which bought me some time but eventually it was just too hot.

Next day I find plenty of engine oil in 2nd cylinder and spark plug from the Dizzy. After plugs were cleaned, turned it on and it blew some white smoke and then cleared. Fuel and coolant don't seem to be mixed from quick visual inspection.

Also noticeable is loss of engine power when car is warm. I read the thread here by teal_dx about doing the head gasket and seems pretty straight forward. So I thought might as well do the full gasket. Hopefully nothing mechanical has been damaged.

I can't find anyone apart from Dealers and auto store selling them here for nearly $400 in Oz so I looked on ebay US and a full set is about $50 :lol: My problem is that the engine I have D15Z2 SOHC 1.5l Single Carburettor, sellers are not aware of this engine and hence can't recommend any of their gaskets. Anyone know if other EG 1.5l SOHC Fuel Injected gaskets would be the same? I mean the only difference is the air/fuel delivery so all else should be same?

Would this work?
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/EngineGasketSe ... 53128/1995

And finally, this is the heart of my beast :eh:

By theforce
#328478 Someone must know :o
By teal_dx
#328491 Looks like somewhat similar motor to the US D15b7, which can be found in 92-95 civic DX and LX.

However, if you overheated that bad, you may have warped the head as well. When the temp needle goes to H, stop driving immediately.
By theforce
#328510 So far the temperature needle reached 3/4 towards H twice and I turned car off both times. The heater did buy me some time though considering I was discouraged for removing it after reading a thread here for the same reason.

Assuming the head is warped, can I simply slap another bare one on it and fill it with other parts from my one or buy one complete and do the full gasket set on it?
By teal_dx
#328545 Either way will work, whatever is easier for you. If the gauge only got to 3/4 H, then you should be alright :thumb: It still wouldn't hurt to have a machine shop check the head for straightness before doing all the work of replacing he head gasket.
By theforce
#328565 That makes sense. The gasket in the linked auto1 site states its for b7 so will give that a go (if they will ship) but what is your opinion on their quality? I read your post somewhere where you mentioned they are good or ok.