D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 92civicEGsedan
#304570 my d15 uses water alot i filled it up with coolant today and didnt even get 15 miles down the road and my car started to over heat so i pulled over and took the radiator cap off and there was nothing in the radiator but my over fill tank was soaked in water, i checked my oil and it looks fine so i dont think it is the head gasket but i put more coolant in it and it ran fine all the way back home and i have no clue where all my water could be going any suggestions?
By teal_dx
#304575 If the area around the waterpump is dry...
I bet your HG is leaking, letting air get from your combustion chamber into the coolant passage, displacing the coolant with air which causes it to overheat while the coolant is forced into the overflow tank.

Oil can be fine but coolant can get dirty.

Drain the radiator and look for any traces of oily film on the surface of the coolant as I did in this thread: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2865

cookie dough looking gunk under the radiator cap is also a sure sign of a leaking Headgasket.
By 92civicEGsedan
#304597 oh if it is my hg ima have to get the gasket and head bolts? since i read something about stretch bolts idk what all i would need and where can i get headbolts at
By 92civicEGsedan
#304602 also i have this stop leak gasket repair stuff ima probably use it to see if any thing changes since it will be the cheapest way to fix it for now and if it doesnt work ima probably go with a mini me swap
By teal_dx
#304610 That stuff is a temporary fix at best... all it really does is gunk up the inside of your cooling passages. This would be the perfect time to do a mini-me swap :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
#304612 thats what ive been told about it and i know i went and did a parts pricing at the local junk yard and its gonna be like $141 and thats with warrenties for everything except the gaskets and 193 with the gaskets and i really dont know about the bolts
By 92civicEGsedan
#304623 and i read your how to for a mini me and the only thing ive had a problem with is the OBD1 and OBD2 injectors and where the ecu is and how to make sure its the p28
By teal_dx
92civicEGsedan wrote:and i read your how to for a mini me and the only thing ive had a problem with is the OBD1 and OBD2 injectors and where the ecu is and how to make sure its the p28

Injectors are no problem. Just use the ones that are OBD1 since your car is OBD1 (92-95).
ECU is behind the passenger kick panel, behind the carpet. There's a sticker on the side of the ecu that has a code. The ecu type will be in the code:
http://www.hondata.com/techecuid.html
Just be sure that the car that the P28 comes from is the same transmission as your car (auto or manual) :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
#304644 ok thanks sadly it is an auto =[ i wished it was a manual but i might purchase another civic down the road that will be a manual :D or convert mine to a manual
By 92civicEGsedan
#304653 yeah fast is nice but ive had my car up to 109 and it was scary with the touchy handling
By 92civicEGsedan
#304708 also when i first start my engine it will rev up and go to about 2k rpms then drop to about 1.5k and go back to 2k and keep on doing that till it gets warm or put when i put it into drive what could be causing that?
By 92civicEGsedan
#304756 i havent done anything to my motor except put antifreeze in the radiator and i have no clue what a IACV or FITV is