D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By KRYSTED9354
teal_dx wrote:
KRYSTED9354 wrote:hi i have a 94 vx with a d15Z1 vtec-e im doind a D16A6 block and D16Z6 head swap can i swp it out like this ?? also is my vtec wired up and ready because of the vx is already vtec and i shold use a stock p28 nad d16z6 im right ?? will i need to mod the d16z6 IM in any way ? thanks

yes you remove & replace the head just like you normally would. If your block has the oil control jet mentioned above, you'll remove it since you are installing a vtec head and it does not need them (vtec will not work with the oil control jet left in the block). yes, as mentioned in your other thread, use a stock p28. D16z6 IM flows better than the stock vx, but stock vx will work. No need to mod the d16z6 IM, it is a direct fit.

because my vx has already v tec wiring will i have to do the wiring above shown ?? or do i just change the ecu and plug in ?? also would a vtec controller come handy ?? and as we have talked in my other thread so what CAM GEAR should i use ? the z6 cam gear or any tohers that are good ?? and if i have about 130$ extra dollers to spend what mod would be use full ??
By teal_dx
KRYSTED9354 wrote:
teal_dx wrote:
KRYSTED9354 wrote:hi i have a 94 vx with a d15Z1 vtec-e im doind a D16A6 block and D16Z6 head swap can i swp it out like this ?? also is my vtec wired up and ready because of the vx is already vtec and i shold use a stock p28 nad d16z6 im right ?? will i need to mod the d16z6 IM in any way ? thanks

yes you remove & replace the head just like you normally would. If your block has the oil control jet mentioned above, you'll remove it since you are installing a vtec head and it does not need them (vtec will not work with the oil control jet left in the block). yes, as mentioned in your other thread, use a stock p28. D16z6 IM flows better than the stock vx, but stock vx will work. No need to mod the d16z6 IM, it is a direct fit.

because my vx has already v tec wiring will i have to do the wiring above shown ?? or do i just change the ecu and plug in ?? also would a vtec controller come handy ?? and as we have talked in my other thread so what CAM GEAR should i use ? the z6 cam gear or any tohers that are good ?? and if i have about 130$ extra dollers to spend what mod would be use full ??

No wiring for vtec needed on your car. stock p28 = no vtec controler. let the ecu do its job, it knows when to use vtec better than a human would.
I'm not sure about the cam gear. try the z6, if the timing is too far off then try a y7/y8 or adjustable. Save your $$ in case you need it for emergency if something doesn't work (such as cam gear )
By KRYSTED9354
#43010 i know just i has extra 130$ for like a muhens front lip,or sumtin and i thought i could mabey put the money to a more performance use , my grandpa is rebuilding all my cars and engines and hes going to port it i my signatur is a link of the videos he is the 1 that did all the work to the civic and built the white ef and sold it preety nice to have a 55 year old grandpa helping u out and teaching u eh ??? anywase i know i will use the 130 on something but i was asking if theres a performance item i should use the money on ?? oh and did u get the money for the stickers ?
By id3379
#48387 good job. kudo's on cleaning the engine :)
By KRYSTED9354
#49269 hey what doies the jet plug really do for the non vtec engines ?? and what is it ?? also u used your block oil pump right ?? ior do u have to get a vtec 1 , :? i didnt ??
By teal_dx
KRYSTED9354 wrote:hey what doies the jet plug really do for the non vtec engines ?? and what is it ?? also u used your block oil pump right ?? ior do u have to get a vtec 1 , :? i didnt ??

I guess it has something to do with the oil flow in non vtec heads - not sure.

always use the oil pump for your block, correct :thumb:
By KRYSTED9354
#49288 :thumb: thank yeah i wasent sure because i seen on ebay pump some say vtec and some dont but i usedstock for the blok pump and as u can c by the #'rs it working great but hey its always good to be 100% sure, ok teal in what category should i put my entire build of my civic the swap and the dyno sheet { Ps should i just inlude it all to my introducing or seperae ?? just want the best spot so all the sohc fans can c that u can smoke stock mustangs and d series with te sohc, :thumb:

{ LOL like they say would u want your girlfriend to have d's or b's ?? i think we all know, NOT TALKING ABOUT CHICAGOMIKE GirL LOL LOL oh man ,ok thanks again teal and i will prob say thanks teal u saved my car MANY TIMES !
By KRYSTED9354
#51082 here's anotherGOOD DIY on mini-me swap, http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=554053

they say a D16A6 and D16Z6 with ZC pistons will have a 12 8 CR ?
By flyinryan122
#56505 Hey teal thanks for the write up!! It helped out alot, and solved a few problems i ran into.

I woke up friday morning bored as hell, so i went and picked up a camed y8 head off a freinds coupe that had been wrecked about a year and a half ago, and has just been sitting in a junk yard. got the head for 40 bucks, stopped and got a head gasket for 30, a gasket kit for the valve cover for 18, and a timing belt for 30. so for 120 i got my full mini-me swap. :P
By bha-tuning95
#56506 i advise anyone who does not have a good reason to remove thier head do not do a mini me i did one and it was a waste of my money but it was a good learning experience im not trying *poop* on ur write up...good one by the way! but its a waste....it atleast was for me...once again good write-up
By Josiah
#73890 your minime write up was very pro. my friend awhile ago sold me a y7 head and put it on my d15 for me. i had to buy the msd activator box. i agree with you about them, its messy and isnt right. i still have the box and now its hooked up to my obd1 gsr motor in my 4dr. i hate the box, your wiring, will it be the same for the gsr motor? if you dont know, do you know anyone else you know that does? your a pro, keep up the great write ups. p72 ecu
By Greasedmonkey
bha-tuning95 wrote:i advise anyone who does not have a good reason to remove thier head do not do a mini me i did one and it was a waste of my money but it was a good learning experience im not trying *poop* on ur write up...good one by the way! but its a waste....it atleast was for me...once again good write-up

You popped in for that one post and never came back to tell us why this is a bad mod. Whats the deal with that?
By jdmcivic3
#74133 I will pay cash for someone to do this on my 93 dx hatch.
By xy_ice09
#77770 very good right up.i did it w/ my own car and shit really works.as of now i killed 3 z6 and 2 b7.on top of that my sedan is auto.lol....