D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By sk8killa180
#219642 iv seen egs without side molding now is that the way it comes or is that custom work and i want to remove mine so does anyone know how or have done this if so let me know and or wright a diy on it if no one has ill try it my self and wright a diy but iv been scared of bando cause everyone talks about it cracking and iv done miner bondo work and that hasn't cracked so let me know
By teal_dx
sk8killa180 wrote:iv seen egs without side molding now is that the way it comes or is that custom work and i want to remove mine so does anyone know how or have done this if so let me know and or wright a diy on it if no one has ill try it my self and wright a diy but iv been scared of bando cause everyone talks about it cracking and iv done miner bondo work and that hasn't cracked so let me know

please post this in the correct section:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=5839

This is a mini-me thread in the D series section. That should go in Exterior :thumb:
By JAYJAYEG
#223608 hi have been reading through this write up and its amazing, i have a d15z1 and have ordered a y8 head, but im still unsure as what else i will need to get, will the d15z1 IM fit the y8 head? what ECU do i need?
thanks
By teal_dx
JAYJAYEG wrote:hi have been reading through this write up and its amazing, i have a d15z1 and have ordered a y8 head, but im still unsure as what else i will need to get, will the d15z1 IM fit the y8 head? what ECU do i need?
thanks

The D15z1 is a little different because it uses a wideband (5-wire) o2 sensor. to use the P28 ecu for y8 head, you will need to convert to a 4-wire o2 sensor.
The d15z1 ecu will have the wrong air/fuel curves for the y8 head. The d15z1 is a vtec-e motor with lean burn mode.
The D15z1 intake manifold will fit the y8 head, but that is one of the more restrictive D series intake manifolds. a y8 IM would be ideal to match the flow characteristics of the y8 head.
What it comes down to is the D15z1 was meant for one thing only: fuel economy. These motors don't take modifications as easily as other D series motors.
By JAYJAYEG
#223931 thanks for the help, its actually noty my car anymore its my mates and money isnt that much of an option for him adn hes on about getting a new IM anyway. so to clarify i DO need a P28 ECU?
thanks
By teal_dx
#223964 I can't speak from experience, as I have never tinkered with the D15z1 motor or ecu, but I think that the D15z1 ecu is not tuned to run a y8 head. But that's not to say it has never been done... maybe try creating a new post with that in the title and see if anyone else chimes in. :thumb: It gets kind of lost on p. 10 of this thread :wink:
By kapow
teal_dx wrote:I can't speak from experience, as I have never tinkered with the D15z1 motor or ecu, but I think that the D15z1 ecu is not tuned to run a y8 head. But that's not to say it has never been done... maybe try creating a new post with that in the title and see if anyone else chimes in. :thumb: It gets kind of lost on p. 10 of this thread :wink:

nice signature!
By FrAnKeNsTeIn
teal_dx wrote:"Mini-Me Swap"

Thank you for the write up. That was verry in depth and the pictures were awesome. The y8 mini-me semed to be more intense with the OBII but you made it appear easy.
By eg6dize
#250476 nice, ima get this done.. but i also want to know what else can you do to build up more hp with out going turbo or nitrous?
By undeadone069
#256678 hey is there any info anywhere on how to actually wire something into the ecu? i just dont want to mess something up. want to be well informed before i attempt it
By 1ACarlos
#257696 Awesome
By teal_dx
undeadone069 wrote:hey is there any info anywhere on how to actually wire something into the ecu? i just dont want to mess something up. want to be well informed before i attempt it

Here is a pin-out map:

http://site.hamotorsports.com/obd1reference.jpg

By hazetuk
#260613 do i need to chenge the ecu if i have the 1 from a d16y7 n i did the mini swap my car wont start i changed everything my timing is right just my dizzy may be of or im not gettin spark everything turns just wont get that lil extra kick to to turn over
By teal_dx
hazetuk wrote:do i need to chenge the ecu if i have the 1 from a d16y7 n i did the mini swap my car wont start i changed everything my timing is right just my dizzy may be of or im not gettin spark everything turns just wont get that lil extra kick to to turn over

That's the wrong ECU, P28 is the one to use. Knowing your entire setup will help in answering questions. (which car, year, engine harness, block, head, dizzy intake, throttle body, etc...)
By hazetuk
teal_dx wrote:
hazetuk wrote:do i need to chenge the ecu if i have the 1 from a d16y7 n i did the mini swap my car wont start i changed everything my timing is right just my dizzy may be of or im not gettin spark everything turns just wont get that lil extra kick to to turn over

That's the wrong ECU, P28 is the one to use. Knowing your entire setup will help in answering questions. (which car, year, engine harness, block, head, dizzy intake, throttle body, etc...)

its a 1995 eg coupe my harnes is a obd2 ithinkblock is from a d16y7 head is the y8 dizzy bought brand new from autozone for a 99 i think it fits my wire harnes n the car also throttle body is stock