D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By teal_dx
#260859 sounds like you did your mini-me the difficult way...

It would have been easier/cheaper to keep your OBD1 harness, use your old OBD1 injectors, OBD1 P28 ecu, and re-use the OBD1 distributor from your d15b7 head.
When you convert to OBD2, there's a lot more troubleshooting to do and alot more variables because the OBD2 ecu runs on more sensors than the OBD1 cars have.

I'd switch back to OBD1 if you can.
By willeg6smith
#272490 Would mini me swap be possible on d13b block?
Last edited by willeg6smith on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By teal_dx
#272492 I don't know much on the D13 as we never had them in the states. Maybe create a new thread with the details in the title to see if some UK members know how to do that swap :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#278766 So im in the process of doing one of these swaps on my girls 4dr DX. the valves got bent somehow and so now i can either change them out or just simply build her a mini me. I have been shopping around and might be able to purchase a Z6 head today. what exactly would i need to have it running in a couple of days? Is the adjustable cam gear mandatory?
By kapow
Fada Blayne wrote:So im in the process of doing one of these swaps on my girls 4dr DX. the valves got bent somehow and so now i can either change them out or just simply build her a mini me. I have been shopping around and might be able to purchase a Z6 head today. what exactly would i need to have it running in a couple of days? Is the adjustable cam gear mandatory?

Yes it is mandatory
By BoostedEg8116
#279956 ok good write up but i am tryin.to see what ppl say . i have a boosted b7 would it be worth it to do a mini me if so how could i get the cr lower bc my cr 9.1 now an i wanna keep it boosted but do.t wanna go over what t is now any ideas?
By Animal78
#286648 OK I got one for you. D15b7 with a d16y7 head? What do I need besides the complete head? Will the intake from the b7 head work with the y7 head? Also the header I have can I use that and the dizzy? Thanks.
By dbrooks
#288070 You'll need the y7 timing belt, y7 cam gear, and y7 head gasket. As for an intake manifold, I'd try to pick up a D16Z6 IM :thumb:
By Animal78
#288082 Well it was the complete head with everything so it sounds like it would have worked but I missed out on that deal.
By motoxash
#295223 if the d16z6 loweres the compresion would the y8 head gasket work with the z6 head ? and not lose so much compresion
By ryan1990
#296913 I've seen a few mini me threads posted on other forums saying that you need a z6 cam gear on the y8 head to make it run the right way, and from reading the past 11 pages I assume you used the y8 cam gear and timing belt ect, did you ever run into any issues?
By drivehrideh
#297301 i got a question what exactly would it take to mini min a b7 with a z6 head or would i be better off to swap a full vtec motor since my car does have quite a few miles
By drivehrideh
#297306 293,000 little smoke opon fire up but nothing after bought from original owner and nothing ever modified till i got it. .. im thinking with that kind of miles id just do a full swap but im not sure how well that would go.