D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By fuhq2man
#193953 how exactly did you mod the throttle cable bracket?? mine is way to short and i am almost completely done with my swap!!! any help would do thanks.
By forcefedEG
#193954 you can weld a piece of metal onto it to make it longer or ive taken a piece of flat square steel, and drilled two holes in it and put a bolt in it and bolted the bracket to it to make it the right length... up2 u
By fuhq2man
#193957 thats a couple ideas what does it look like teal did??
By skateruptown
#198926 Hey teal question for yeah, found a z6 head. Doesnt come with dissy,vtec sel, or intake mani. Am i able to use my old intake mani on it, and dissy? Going from d15b7 to z6 hopfully.
By fuhq2man
#199037 MY minime is finally Complete thanks to you!!! I just wanted to say thank you becuz my car runs like a raped ape on steroids with fire under its ass! Clear dizzy, vision cam gear, clear timing belt cover, stage 3 crower racing cam, crower springs complete with 3 angle valve job. a home brew tranny cooler (Which works awesome!) Spoon tuned ecu, racing suspension front and rear with subframe connector secret ,weapon intake, and dual vtec solenoids (Which is awesome) among more!! Thanx teal.
By fuhq2man
#199078 for sure ill add some pics
quick question. Immediatly after revving high my idle sometimes reutrns to maybe 3-500 rpm, really low almost to sputtering out but not quite and not everytime, any ideas. also when i start it, it starts at about 2k but then returns to idle speed either by itself or after a slight tap on the gas. I believe these problems are related but other than these things, for now the car is running awesome. Maybe fast idle thermal valve ?? IACV?? ETC? The IACV has been cleaned, the FITV has not i plan on cleaning it but any other ideas would be great especially seeing that it might not be whats wrong with it.
By Mdmlteza
#214563 i have a d15 carby and a d16y8 in my other civic,
i want to do a swap but apparently its a big job with changing all the fuel lines etc. this true? also can the mini me be done on a carby ?
By kapow
#217484 Doing a mini me on a 1.3 would be epic! I would like to see how that engine would compare to a Suzuki Swift GTI 1.3 :)
By sk8killa180
#219628 i got a d15b7 in my eg hatch is it really worth it to do a mini me swap or drop a b16 in it, wich is cheaper and wich will give me the most power for my dollar btw im plaining on boosting it eventualy :shock:
By teal_dx
#219629 if you can get the parts for cheap, do the mini-me. I wouldnt though if you plan on boosting. Mini me raises compression ratio which can be crucial when boosting. I'd keep saving up and do the B16 sooner :thumb: