D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By fuhq2man
#192890 Im almost done with my swap!! my question is on the vtec solenoid. what do i do with my old oil pressure sensor wiring. I get that you have to run the solenoid wires to specific pins on the ecu but do i use the existing wire i need some help badly any would help thanks.
By teal_dx
#192899 if your car already has the wire there, then use it :thumb:

Not sure why it would already have it though... only 92 hatches were pre-wired up to the shock tower. Other models you will need to run the whole wire to the ecu. Unless you're starting with a Ex/Si chassis. then you're good to go!
By OleFolk
#192901 ok so finally im done reading this whole thing...
bit confused but il print this all out and read it over again.. and again

im going to have to save money for a while and gather all the parts before i do this but this is a great diy much appreciated :thumb:
By fuhq2man
#192905 so the old oil pressure sensor wiring is obsolete ??
By teal_dx
fuhq2man wrote:so the old oil pressure sensor wiring is obsolete ??

if your car is not a si or ex, it will not have the vtec oil pressure wiring & sensor in the engine harness. So there should not be anything there unless someone swapped a non vtec D series in to a car that once had a vtec engine and now you're putting a vtec head on that engine.
By OleFolk
#192912 teal you should get a job at a honda dealership or something. next thing you know teals gonna be the next CEO. daaammmnn son
By teal_dx
#192934 I had a friend working at one but not any more. :(
Those were the good old days, new OEM parts for dirt cheap :woot:

Now I go to the dealership to buy parts and it's like fuuuuuu get ready for rape!
By fuhq2man
#192940 "run the whole wire to the ecu" can i splice it into the existing wire that connects to the pin. and if that is the common sense thing im sorry, but if so, should i snip the the wire behind the splice to prevent mixzed signals or leave it as is??
By OleFolk
#192946 I got a buddy workin at a honda dealership.
I don't really know how to take advantage of that except give me pointers or help me out with work.
Last edited by OleFolk on Sun May 16, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By OleFolk
#192994 :D hhhhmm ooo.. :hehe: :hehe:
By OleFolk
#193595 I keep trying to find the sticker in the engine bay that says what engine it is. Could anyone help me locate this sticker or information?
By OleFolk
#193686 I searched the wrong thing then.awesome thank you. :thumb: