A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
#320312 Image

Ford has confirmed that it will bring its 1.0-liter three-cylinder EcoBoost engine to the United States under the hood of its 2014 Fiesta, previewed in these photos by the global model that debuted in Paris earlier this year. We pretty much knew this was coming, and we'll see the tiny mill on display at the Los Angeles Auto Show next week – assuming Ford's luggage made it there unscathed.

Official EPA certification has not been completed, but Ford expects the EcoBoost-equipped Fiesta to be the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid car sold in the US. In other words, we're looking at fuel economy around the 45-mile-per-gallon mark. The 1.0L engine is projected to produce 123 horsepower and 148 pound-feet of torque under the hood of the Fiesta – gains of three horses and 36 lb-ft versus the current car's 1.6-liter naturally aspirated four.

Earlier this year, we had a chance to drive a Euro-spec Focus with the same 1.0-liter engine, and said that while it was pretty good, the lighter Fiesta figures to be a better fit for this mill here in the States. Our wish was apparently Ford's command. Scroll down for the full details.
By FG2_Andrew
#320320 [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif] [smilie=puke.gif]
By JUICE
#320328 I'd roll it and all the others in fords current line-up.. Good looking cars and most of them have turbos.. What's not to like?
By Flatland_EG
#320340 Not bad numbers for a 1 liter, 3 cylinder, engine.
Factory turbo also means more improvement with a turbo upgrade and tune.
Imagine getting 150 or 175 horses out that little 1 liter with some simple upgrades. :thumb:
By asianrob
#320349 ford is just asking for a lot of problems going turbo. its going to be high maintenance too i bet. and that dash board is ugly, too much going on there.
By evil-G-nius
#320369 THey already have a few cars rockin boost....they (so far) haven't had too many issues. They have a F250, Taurus, I think a fusion all with boost. I'd still never but a ford though
By Flatland_EG
evil-G-nius wrote:THey already have a few cars rockin boost....they (so far) haven't had too many issues. They have a F250, Taurus, I think a fusion all with boost. I'd still never but a ford though

I also have yet to hear anything bad about the Ecoboost motors, in fact the new Taurus Police Cruisers are twin turbo'd and they have to be super reliable, I hear they're pretty bad ass as well.
By onibakagaijin
#320415 I have to say I like the interior color combo. Plus the material doesn't look as flimsy crap-tatsic plastic as in the past.
By teal_dx
#320420 The colors threw me off at first, but after looking for longer it reminds me of a high end exotic's color scheme. Those seats look nice from what I can see, too. Ford really has it together lately :thumb:
By Apexracing
#320428 Looks better than hondas new sub compacts.
By 94EJ2
Flatland_EG wrote:
evil-G-nius wrote:THey already have a few cars rockin boost....they (so far) haven't had too many issues. They have a F250, Taurus, I think a fusion all with boost. I'd still never buy a ford though

I also have yet to hear anything bad about the Ecoboost motors, in fact the new Taurus Police Cruisers are twin turbo'd and they have to be super reliable, I hear they're pretty bad ass as well.

but they still dont have the power to keep up with the 02 ws6 raced a sho last week.
the tauras interceptor is pretty much a sho minus a bunch of options. and just to stay kinda on topic i think that fiesta is FUGLY!! then again i think most of the new cars from any manufacturer arent the best design
By MG6
94EJ2 wrote:
Flatland_EG wrote:
evil-G-nius wrote:THey already have a few cars rockin boost....they (so far) haven't had too many issues. They have a F250, Taurus, I think a fusion all with boost. I'd still never buy a ford though

but they still dont have the power to keep up with the 02 ws6 raced a sho last week.
the tauras interceptor is pretty much a sho minus a bunch of options. and just to stay kinda on topic i think that fiesta is FUGLY!! then again i think most of the new cars from any manufacturer arent the best design

What's funny... I have been on the list looking at old school cars because I don't find anything great about new cars.

Wife wants the new SUV... Don't mind them if we can afford it, but me - old school and rocking them 70's or 80's is what I like!

Who remembers:
* Toyota Mango
* Toyota Corona
* Datsun 510
* Toyota Celica GT
* Datsun roadsters
* Toyota Starlet
* Toyota GT2000 (only if I was Warren Buffet son, LOL. Or Bill Gates)
* or any old Ford, Chevy 60's truck.