A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
#320142 Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Not that we're expecting to see the car over here anyway, but we hear that the impending return of the Honda Civic Type R could bring with it a more powerful engine crammed under its short hood. Honda CEO Takanobu Ito has already confirmed the Civic Type R would return in 2015, and now Auto Express says that a Honda R&D employee has confirmed that this car will be powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine producing "as much as" 300 horsepower – earlier speculation had the car powered by a smaller 1.6-liter four.

Honda has already vowed to make the Civic Type R the "fastest front-wheel-drive vehicle on the Nürburgring," so this much power doesn't seem out of the question. We already spotted a Type R test mule putting some laps on the 'Ring earlier this summer. Other reported details about the new Type R include it retaining its front-wheel-drive layout but adding a limited-slip differential and possibly even rear-wheel steering for optimal performance and handling.
By rustyrex
#320151 Omg that's needs a fail stamp. That thing is butt ass ugly. The tail lights and spoiler look like they forgot to design them and the car at the same time.
By teal_dx
#320152 For real ... I can't find anything that looks good on that car. The lights as you mentioned, the plastic wheel well trim, the overall shape of the hatch area and body lines just make this thing look like a huge overweight slug. And what is with the dick trailer hitch??

Gobs of power in an ugly package will fail. Reminds me of the Caliber srt4.
By nd1983
teal_dx wrote:For real ... I can't find anything that looks good on that car. The lights as you mentioned, the plastic wheel well trim, the overall shape of the hatch area and body lines just make this thing look like a huge overweight slug. And what is with the dick trailer hitch??

Gobs of power in an ugly package will fail. Reminds me of the Caliber srt4.

i like the H on the front and rear. thats about it.
fugly
By chrono404
#320168 I like the front, and side angles.

The United states will most likely not be getting another civic hatch. If history has told us anything, we will get a coupe and sedan.

Another thing thats interesting is the lack of wheel gap in the back.

I would love to see the CTR, or maybe the ITR to get the Super Handling AWD system out of the higher end acuras and an awesome turbo 4 cylinder. That would be a car to get me back into the honda stables.

Rear steering was hard and expensive to setup as shown in the preludes and accords that had it. The Super Handling AWD has been shown to do a better job then the previous mechanical setup used in the old preludes. I wish they would put a system like that in a Civic Type-R (or buffed up SI, maybe an SI-R?) with a trunk and redesigned back end and sold here. An awesome coupe or sedan with sh-awd and tail lights that look more BRZish would be awesome IMO.

If they dont step up their game, its going to be harder to compete for the enthusist who buys a new car with a brand new WRX and WRX STI coming out next year(2014 model) as well as the BRZ/FRS is out and being praised for their epic handling. Not to mention the 370Z, Genesis Coupe, new turbo Miata in 2014 or 2015. Honda needs to set up their game.
By Apexracing
chrono404 wrote:I like the front, and side angles.

The United states will most likely not be getting another civic hatch. If history has told us anything, we will get a coupe and sedan.

Another thing thats interesting is the lack of wheel gap in the back.

I would love to see the CTR, or maybe the ITR to get the Super Handling AWD system out of the higher end acuras and an awesome turbo 4 cylinder. That would be a car to get me back into the honda stables.

Rear steering was hard and expensive to setup as shown in the preludes and accords that had it. The Super Handling AWD has been shown to do a better job then the previous mechanical setup used in the old preludes. I wish they would put a system like that in a Civic Type-R (or buffed up SI, maybe an SI-R?) with a trunk and redesigned back end and sold here. An awesome coupe or sedan with sh-awd and tail lights that look more BRZish would be awesome IMO.

If they dont step up their game, its going to be harder to compete for the enthusist who buys a new car with a brand new WRX and WRX STI coming out next year(2014 model) as well as the BRZ/FRS is out and being praised for their epic handling. Not to mention the 370Z, Genesis Coupe, new turbo Miata in 2014 or 2015. Honda needs to set up their game.

I agree with you minus the brz/frs they are cheaply made garbage. And aren't even half as good as the popular 90's dsm cars. But yea the enthusiast market is lacking and honda is falling flat on their face. The last good innovation they had was the crz.
By Flatland_EG
#320239 Two words, ENGINE SWAP! Imagine that motor in an EG.
RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!!
By FG2_Andrew
#320243 And Honda fails again
By evil-G-nius
#320370 I'll say it....Civics are officially dead. I believe this one is the nail in the coffin