A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
#293965 So I'm looking to spend up to $4k on a sedan and rust free 92-95 civics are hard to come by and nice integras are not much more common around here. In my search, I stumbled across this 93 Acura Legend with only 61k mi!
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/2831511845.html
I've always liked these cars, they just have a classy look. And the coupes are even better but gotta get a 4-door :wink:
I've seen plenty for sale rolling 200k+ miles. I'm seriously considering this one because it only had 61k. This one is auto, not 6 speed, unfortunately.

So I won't be able to swap my boosted D in it or use my 4x100 wheels... but something about these cars has always made me want one.
The other major turnoff is 16-18 mpg city and mid 20's mpg hwy, from what I've read.

The one for sale has the tiny 15" wheels, but the right wheels change the look of the car completely. Here's one with the upgraded factory alloys:

Anyone ever driven/owned/wrenched on a Legend? :?
By FG2_Andrew
#293979 I love them and the 3.2 rls
By Ajax1989
#293983 its nice.. if you ever have a transmission prob hit me up!!

i work for H&A Transmission Inc.
we reman autos and we have a manual division called GearSpeed
By Classiccarsrule85
#294015 i like them but i also like the acura vigor 5 cyl but yea id say they look like exec cars lol and im sure not a bad family car at all
By Apexracing
#294032 Well i was looking to buy one before i bought my coupe. I did my research and the engines are just trouble, the electrical as well. Too many issues for my blood. Do allot of searching around before you buy it.
By eg-guy
#294112 It's nice looking, but... Why not just get a 4dr civic or integra like you wanted?

May i suggest looking in VA for a clean civic or teg. There's a shit ton of them on cl all day.
By teal_dx
#294116 I've been looking all over Ohio and there is just not much out here right now. I'd prefer to stay in state. Ohio has pretty strict regulations when it comes to titles and registration. I looked at a Teg from TN and found out that they don't even keep track of mileage on the vehicle. It was acceptable to put "Unknown" when registering :eh: (Carfax showed me the miles when registered in a previous state and the owner had swapped to a lower mi. cluster :thumbdown: )

I really want to find a clean integra sedan. I'll do a EG sedan too or even an EK sedan if it comes down to the last minute. The problem with Integras and EG's I'm finding is that most of them are rusted or modified by some kid who doesn't know what he is doing.

This caught my eye because of the low miles. I am looking at E39 and E46 BMW sedans too. Just seeing what's out there :thumb:
In the end, I'll probably end up in a Teg or Civic because I don't want a car payment and I know those cars well.

:wink:
By asianrob
#294247 if you get one atleast get a GS type 2 or 95+ GS

deff nice car.
By teal_dx
Apexracing wrote:Well i was looking to buy one before i bought my coupe. I did my research and the engines are just trouble, the electrical as well. Too many issues for my blood. Do allot of searching around before you buy it.

I found this post in an acura legend forum LMAO
Ok this is a mouthfull but i'l try to be as clear as possible. Last fall i was commuting to and from college (about 20 miles each way). This is when the elcetrical system started tweaking out! At first when i would get home i would shut my lights and car off and head inside. For a few mornings i would come out to a completely dead battery!! At first i thought it was my alternator because i had just recently gotten a new battery. So i got a voltmeter and checked it w/ it running and had someting like 13.9 volts so i knew it wasnt that. Then one night my girlfriend says to me that i forgot to turn off my headlights so i looked out the window and sure enough they were on and very dim. I ran downstairs to find that the switch was off (WTF!) So i undid the neg. battery terminal and saved it for the next day. The next day the car started fine after i re-attached the terminal and had a nice luxurious ride to school (a nice dry day). When i was headed home is was dark and rainy. All of a sudden my cruise control wont stay engaged and my highbeams kept periodically sticking on. Anyways to make a very long story short eventually on rainy days my rear defroster wouldnt work, cruise was screwy, no highbeams, no door dinger, when i put on my map lights they would come on real dim and my high speed wipers would come on!!! and my headlights would come on when i turned them off and off when i turned them on. Very Very frustrating. This whole time also i am having to disconnect the battery every night. oh and also my window washer and wipers stuck on and wouldnt go off till i pulled the relay. also they would work intermittenly with opening and closing either door. The horn eventually stuck on as well so i cut the f-in wires to them
This crazy stuff persisted until eventually nothing would work at all as far as cruise, intermittent wipers and high speed, rear defrost, low and high beam lights, no front sidemarker lights, no brake lights, no interior lights, no clock or door dinger, and the starter wont rotate (not even a click). I pop started the car for a while always parking on a hill or building up my leg muscles on a flat. Then one day i went out and tured the key and it started right up. Hav'nt had a starter problem since.
I am fairly skilled with electrical stuff but this car is very complex as far as wires everywhere in very tight spots! I have tried different relays and all kindsa s**t and determined by taking the covers off of the relays that when i push the set of points together the horn works and the lights work etc..... Sooo the relays arent getting power to engage themselves. I dont think anyone has had a problem this severe with one of these cars but any suggestions will help!
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:
Apexracing wrote:Well i was looking to buy one before i bought my coupe. I did my research and the engines are just trouble, the electrical as well. Too many issues for my blood. Do allot of searching around before you buy it.

I found this post in an acura legend forum LMAO
Ok this is a mouthfull but i'l try to be as clear as possible. Last fall i was commuting to and from college (about 20 miles each way). This is when the elcetrical system started tweaking out! At first when i would get home i would shut my lights and car off and head inside. For a few mornings i would come out to a completely dead battery!! At first i thought it was my alternator because i had just recently gotten a new battery. So i got a voltmeter and checked it w/ it running and had someting like 13.9 volts so i knew it wasnt that. Then one night my girlfriend says to me that i forgot to turn off my headlights so i looked out the window and sure enough they were on and very dim. I ran downstairs to find that the switch was off (WTF!) So i undid the neg. battery terminal and saved it for the next day. The next day the car started fine after i re-attached the terminal and had a nice luxurious ride to school (a nice dry day). When i was headed home is was dark and rainy. All of a sudden my cruise control wont stay engaged and my highbeams kept periodically sticking on. Anyways to make a very long story short eventually on rainy days my rear defroster wouldnt work, cruise was screwy, no highbeams, no door dinger, when i put on my map lights they would come on real dim and my high speed wipers would come on!!! and my headlights would come on when i turned them off and off when i turned them on. Very Very frustrating. This whole time also i am having to disconnect the battery every night. oh and also my window washer and wipers stuck on and wouldnt go off till i pulled the relay. also they would work intermittenly with opening and closing either door. The horn eventually stuck on as well so i cut the f-in wires to them
This crazy stuff persisted until eventually nothing would work at all as far as cruise, intermittent wipers and high speed, rear defrost, low and high beam lights, no front sidemarker lights, no brake lights, no interior lights, no clock or door dinger, and the starter wont rotate (not even a click). I pop started the car for a while always parking on a hill or building up my leg muscles on a flat. Then one day i went out and tured the key and it started right up. Hav'nt had a starter problem since.
I am fairly skilled with electrical stuff but this car is very complex as far as wires everywhere in very tight spots! I have tried different relays and all kindsa s**t and determined by taking the covers off of the relays that when i push the set of points together the horn works and the lights work etc..... Sooo the relays arent getting power to engage themselves. I dont think anyone has had a problem this severe with one of these cars but any suggestions will help!

lmao god damn gremlins
By brandoff88
#307778 i had an 88 legend lxi or whatever it was, big ol 6 cylinder and that bitch hauled some ass haha even being a 4 door, but talk about a nightmare, major electrical problems, leaky water pump, got if for 700 bucks with nearly 350k on it all original after about 2 months i couldnt keep it running for the life of me haha...i dont like them anymore..and this was after full electrical rebuild and stuff...they are problem cars...
By evil-G-nius
#308161 Never mind that...that is a fuckin clean ass garage! :o Thermostat...temp controlled? I'll take one of those instead! LoL. I love the old legend...always wanted the coupe s speed
By Chance
#308231 Yeh yeh yeh^ hook me up with one of these garages as well!

I've never been a fan mostly due to the gas mileage they get. They're pretty sharp though!