A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
Given Pontiac’s demise, it’s clear there won’t be any factory-baked Pontiac Trans-Am coming from General Motors. Enter the aftermarket, which has become suddenly eager to serve buyers wanting a new-school T/A. Indeed, joining the conversion kit offered by Phoenix is this Lingenfelter take on turning your brand-new Camaro SS into the modern Trans-Am of your dreams. The concept debuts in the metal at this year’s SEMA show in Las Vegas.

Of course, Chevy looks won’t do, so there’s a new front fascia, a shaker hood, revised rear quarter-panels, functional front fender vents, and an integrated decklid spoiler. New lighting front and rear as well as 20-inch honeycomb wheels complete the exterior transformation, while new blue woven-vinyl seats and a metal-turned instrument panel add retro feel to the inside. We have to admit, this thing really does resemble the 1970s original, and we like it.

Given the company’s penchant for pumping up horsepower, of course Lingenfelter would rework the engine, too. Under the striped hood—there’s no huge screaming chicken as of now—sits an aluminum 455-cubic-inch (7.5-liter) V-8 block with a lofty 11.5:1 compression ratio, ported-and-polished Lingenfelter heads from the Corvette Z06’s LS7, a forged crankshaft, and high-flow intake. The custom stainless-steel exhaust comes courtesy of Corsa. Power output is quoted at 655 hp and 610 lb-ft of torque, up significantly from the 426 hp of a stock manual Camaro SS. Also present are a new twin-disc clutch and flywheel assembly and tougher rear half-shafts to withstand the extra grunt. Handling alterations are limited to the addition of Nitto tires.

original

By smokinsoljah420
#153901 i know im gonna get flamed but...

:jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow:
By VegasCivic
alldatJUICE wrote:the wheels look retarded

They were honeycomb on the original.

I think they picked the wrong year to model it after. 79 ftw.
By Dippin_EG
#153918 gay :thumbdown:

these new old schools look to fake, except the challenger

new trans am = too boxy
new camaro = too beefy/ fake looking
new challenger = ok / smooth body lines
By chrono404
#153919 Looks very similar.

I wouldn't want it, However looks cool.
By 92egdxhatch
#153921 sorry but i feel its horribly dumb looking, DO NOT TRY TO BRING BACK OLD MUSCLE CARS YOU CANT BRING BACK WHAT THEY WERE!!!
By josephsantos
#153926 It looks f****** ugly. I wouldn't transform my Camaro to that if I have one.
By i8umup
josephsantos wrote: I wouldn't transform my Camaro to that if I have one.

agreed. why would you want to make a CAMARO into a trans am? if i was shellin out the cash that they are asking for one of those there is like no way that i would even touch it like that
By asianrob
i8umup wrote:
josephsantos wrote: I wouldn't transform my Camaro to that if I have one.

agreed. why would you want to make a CAMARO into a trans am? if i was shellin out the cash that they are asking for one of those there is like no way that i would even touch it like that

because Camaro = Trans am just with different lights and fenders.
By teal_dx
#153946 why would they choose the '72-'73 to base the concept on :?
the other gens look so much better.

1968 would have been better choise IMO

or '78

But the in between are not the best looking cars

By Chance
#153947 The future of red-necks... :eh:
By LaMbErT*
#153950 lmao oh god comments are great, but honestly all they had was a ruler to use eh ?
By josephsantos
teal_dx wrote:why would they choose the '72-'73 to base the concept on :?

I think this front end is an epic WIN!
By LaMbErT*
josephsantos wrote:
teal_dx wrote:why would they choose the '72-'73 to base the concept on :?

I think this front end is an epic WIN!

does look kl :thumb: