A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By LaMbErT*
#144154 wow very intriguing concept ! I wonder if this will actually go out production wise not just audi but all car manufacturers but then every country will need to spend millions adding charging solutions.

I never read it all but how long does it take to charge one ?
By Gorveatt
#144156 Thats the thing with these modern electric motors, they have good power, shit loads of torque, but the range of them sucks, and the amount of time it takes to recharge is just unacceptable. It's just so much more simpler to pull into a gas station, and then fuel up in ~5 minutes(including pay time) and then away you go again. where as with recharging batteries you have to wait for hours and hours just to be able to travel 200 miles
By LaMbErT*
#144160 You see that is just ridiculous, i mean i could understand if people who work closely get them and don't do long journeys and can charge in their own house overnight, but there is no way a large number of people could use them without them being an inconvenience.
By Dippin_EG
#144161 thats niceeeeee whats the 1/4 mile time on that thing ya think
By Apexracing
Gorveatt wrote:Thats the thing with these modern electric motors, they have good power, shit loads of torque, but the range of them sucks, and the amount of time it takes to recharge is just unacceptable. It's just so much more simpler to pull into a gas station, and then fuel up in ~5 minutes(including pay time) and then away you go again. where as with recharging batteries you have to wait for hours and hours just to be able to travel 200 miles

i wonder if they are brushed or brushless type motors? brushless motors are way more efficent.