If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By AutoXRacer
#338499 Never really thought of posting my other car on this site, but since I saw the "Other Vehicles" Section I may as well. =)

Since I have a family now (My daughter turns 1 Year Old on the 11th, damn time flies) I needed to buy a more "Family Friendly" car.

I was pawning and trying my hardest to get myself into an Audi A4, but after getting screwed out of $250 from some punk kid and two others almost being a write-off, I figured I may as well look for something else. My father is a Journeyman Mechanic for Shaw GMC and he can get some pretty insane deals on cars in the "Used Dealership Section."

This 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 supports a 3.8L Supercharged V6 with 260hp and 280tq. Fully loaded except heated seats. Even has HUD! =) Widetrak Suspension Kit and a couple more additions. It was on the lot for $5,995, and since my father works there, he can get what Shaw GMC is into the car for. (Trade-In Value + Parts to get it legal)

In total Shaw GMC was only $2,600 into the car so I could take it off the lot for that, problem was I sold my 1994 Civic Sedan for $2000, and thats all I had in my pocket. After some persuading and chatting, I managed to get this gem for $2,000 off the lot!

There was a catch that was VERY VERY unexpected, I went to get it registered and insured, turns out this car needed an Out-Of-Province Inspection because it came from British Columbia.

Now since Shaw GMC did not know that it needed this inspection, they covered the cost of the inspection which was great. ($600+Parts and labour if needed). After the inspection was finished I was pissed!

- ABS/Traction Control lights were both on because both Front Hubs needed to be replaced. (Dad's Price = $150/each)
- Rear Calipers were seized since the foot e-brake never gets used and crapped out. (Dad's Price = $75/each)
- Rear E-Brake Cables were seized and needed to be replaced, had to cut because they wouldn't even move. (Dad's Price = $25/each)
- New Pads and Rotors all the way around, could have sufficed but decided to do them anyways. (Dad's Price = $100/front)

Those prices would have been a lot larger but thank god my dad works for GM, =P I just did all the labor myself and had it re-inspected and it passed!

I put some Black Housing Projector Lenses with 8000K HID Low Beam, High Beam, and Fog Lights! Haha I love being bright! I also rewired so my DRL and Signal Lights were the LED's in my headlights instead of the orange half-circle above my Fog Lights!

Anyways I am pretty happy with the car and it has some pep to it. Planning on doing the Inferno Kit (Hood, Front Lip, and Spoiler).
Also planning on getting it painted Pure White and tint the windows, but thats later. =)

Anyways guys, enjoy the pictures. Let me know what you think.

Just installed some Hurcules Extreme Winter Tires on the stock rims, and will be buying some aftermarket rims and summer tires when that time comes.
By teal_dx
#338503 You stole it!
My sister had one the same gen but no supercharger, HUD. Hers seemed to have all kinds of random problems. Some of which would come and go. When you're used to owning a honda, an older GM will seem like high maintenance. But good thing your Dad works for GM :thumb:

The one and only pontiac I drove for a short while was a 1994 Grand Prix GTP with the 3.4L DOHC engine. That car had the HUD which is a great Idea and I don't know why more cars don't have it. Great motor until it began to have issues, then it got expensive fast. The 3.8 is much more reliable. :thumb:
By AutoXRacer
teal_dx wrote:You stole it!
My sister had one the same gen but no supercharger, HUD. Hers seemed to have all kinds of random problems. Some of which would come and go. When you're used to owning a honda, an older GM will seem like high maintenance. But good thing your Dad works for GM :thumb:

The one and only pontiac I drove for a short while was a 1994 Grand Prix GTP with the 3.4L DOHC engine. That car had the HUD which is a great Idea and I don't know why more cars don't have it. Great motor until it began to have issues, then it got expensive fast. The 3.8 is much more reliable. :thumb:

Dude its crazy how high maintenance these damn things are compared to our civics OMG! haha like right now I dont have ABS/Traction Control/ Variable Effort Steering because its showing that my Rear Left Vehicle Speed Sensor is fucked in the hub, so I replaced that hub too and it still has not gone away, they are a self-reset system, so I think the wiring is fucked to the sensor, which is a PITA!, lol

But other than that this thing is pretty luxury in my eyes, its comfortable and has HUD, I wish every car had HUD, its so nice to have!