If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Apexracing
#338369 Hey guys picked up another winter beater/project. Here is my 96 lx sedan 5spd.

I only have a few things to do to her, I picked up a few interior bits. I still need a mt tach cluster (the fuel gauge needle is broken on this one.) I need some floor mats, winter tires, the cruise control module, and rear window actuators and motors. I’ll also be welding in new quarter patches before she hits the road. The previous owner already cut the rust out and treated the metal. I just need to purchase the panels and a cheap mig and weld them in.
By Apexracing
#338535 Looks like this beast will get some new parts here soon. A new front subframe and new fuel and brake lines will be installed in the next two weeks :)
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:Front subframe?? What happened there?

rusted to the max! which doesn’t max sense because you could eat of of the rest of the chassis
By Civic_HatchSI
#338577 EK's are very common for rusted sub frames :thumbdown:

Nice winter beater tho, great in the snow!
By Apexracing
Civic_HatchSI wrote:EK's are very common for rusted sub frames :thumbdown:

Nice winter beater tho, great in the snow!

Yea i got most of the little things fixed. I have a friend trying to hunt me down a good subframe. The six that were in my local yard were shot or already taken.
By Apexracing
#338643 Looks like classiccarsrule85 is going to help me with the subframe(once we locate one) And we are going to make new lines for brakes and fuel. Should be a fun weekend project.
By juls1488
#338646 i know some people use an eg/dc subframe and steering rack on the ek chassis since the ek rack is garbage. could always do that if you cant find an ek one.
i think it was eg/dc subframe and rack, and then 99 gsr power steering pressure line since it had the big end on the pump side like the eks. theres probably more but i cant remember off the top of my head :?
regardless, still a nice winter beater you got there! :thumb:
By Apexracing
juls1488 wrote:i know some people use an eg/dc subframe and steering rack on the ek chassis since the ek rack is garbage. could always do that if you cant find an ek one.
i think it was eg/dc subframe and rack, and then 99 gsr power steering pressure line since it had the big end on the pump side like the eks. theres probably more but i cant remember off the top of my head :?
regardless, still a nice winter beater you got there! :thumb:

Thanks i will look that up!
By Apexracing
#339274 Welp i got this puppy on the road, i’ve replaced a few interior bits. Installed a new cruise control module and harness. I picked up some nokian nordman 2 snow tires mounted to steelies today, practically new for 150$. The car is 100
% functional right down to the ac. I have a wheel bearing to replace this weekend, then new fuel lines, and subframe after i get my bonus.