If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Vti93T
#327472 Got this baby from my parents. They bought it brand new back in '89 and it's been owned by them ever since. Then when my hatch was stolen by a douche, I decided to take this and start saving my money for another car. But I have a feeling the volvo will be staying in the family and might be made into a drift missile ;)

here are some pictures of it when we first started doing stuff to it.

Plans for it are as follows:

new wheels
new seats
motor swap
manual swap
suspension

:) My fiance did all of the work to this one since it's pretty much his baby now. But the plan is to possibly turn it into a drift car since it's already rwd. woot.
By Vti93T
#327478 haha awesome..yeah it's a work in progress..
By MG6
#327482 how heavy is it? I like the vol old style or the 90's wagon. It grows on you.
By Vti93T
#327487 I'm not exactly sure how heavy it is..but the thing is a tank! My fiance was heading back up to base and got stuck driving in a blizzard and ended up losing control and hitting a curb going 40mph..only messed up the wheel and a control arm. lol
By Fada Blayne
#327488 Im def feeling that old Volvo! I know a guy that has one with an SR20 swap. Not completed yet but it looks BEAST!! :thumb: :twisted:
By Vti93T
#327509 Nice!!! Yeah I'm not sure what swap we will do into this. My fiance wants to do a motor from a 240..He used to professionally drift so he loves 240sx's. :D It'll be interesting to see this car be set up as a drift car. I've seen some youtube videos of people drifting volvos and the wagon versions..it's crazy.
By MG6
#327514 yes, SR20's are popular with Volvo and look into the 13B from Mazda
By TrailerTrash
#327556 love that body style :hehe:

i know this is a different one but everytime i think of Volvo this video is what comes to my mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9dg_ZjM50w
By juls1488
TrailerTrash wrote:love that body style :hehe:

i know this is a different one but everytime i think of Volvo this video is what comes to my mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9dg_ZjM50w

i love those old volvos too. but i usually think of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPmqJ00pM4A

@Vti93T - maybe it'll give you some ideas lol
By TrailerTrash
#327582 that was sweet :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Vti93T
#327660 the white one is sick!!! haha.
By Vti93T
#329268 Put a rack on the car :) Thinking about going with a basket or rails so I can put my road bike on top

also repainted the wheels.
By juls1488
Vti93T wrote:Put a rack on the car :) Thinking about going with a basket or rails so I can put my road bike on top

also repainted the wheels.

looks sick! love the old school wing mirrors!
definitely a basket. they look good on the old bricks.
:thumb: :thumb:
By Heatherly
#329300 I am WAY to blind to see out of those mirrors, however, I think this is a pretty rad project. :)