If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By brandoff88
#327369 so i decided with all the headaches the ol gal is given me lately, im going to get a daily for right now so i am picking one up tomorrow morning. its a 94 chevy pickup, 2wd, needs a little loven, but comes with a tool box and brand new tires from what my father in law said(he went and looked at it and test drove it today) dont know how many miles or eactly how much lovin she needs, but for 800 bucks a good running full size truck is great. i do however know shes white, tomorrow i dont have to work so i will get pics uploaded, and maybe update my build thread for the coupe, if i get anything done...
Last edited by brandoff88 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
By MG6
#327374 :thumb: right on. Post pic of her soon
By TrailerTrash
#327443 heck for 800 bucks u would be lucky to get a new set of tires for some trucks :lol:

nice buy. maybe youll get lucky and it will be 5 speed :hehe:
By brandoff88
#327444 sorry no pics yet, i hung out with my mom today, its been a bit since we kicked it so had to send some love her way, but father in law drove the truck home 40 miles and not one issue, i havent had time to get pics but i guess its actually a 94 2500 cheyene(spelling) 3/4 ton... motor is clean as shit(5.7 v8 ), no leaks, but the outside is beat up and the tailgate wont come down..yet, the inside is fairly clean no cracks in the dash, just missing door panels and head liner and carpet(gunna bed liner the inside then put the mats back in), also needs a seat cover lol, all guages work, ac/heater and radio all work, 155k on the clock, and the passenger door does open....so im not sure why she told me that haha, same with the gas guage, it works too...kinda odd...but its got newer tires, and a small crack in the windsheild..but for 800 bucks i definitly came up on this one...i dont work till 5:30pm tomorrow so ima clean it and see if i cant run to autozone early and get some bed liner..and ill get pics also.

EDIT: oh trailertrash, its an auto i made a compromise with the wife since the civic is 5 speed and she refuses to drive a stick...
By brandoff88
#327475 pics as promised

what she looks like

the 5.7 liter motor

couldnt do much but sit in it and clean the dash and stuff...its raining :thumbdown:

why it needs a seat cover :lol:

and the worst part of the body

so far everything is still working lol...cant wait to start making it my own :thumb:
By MG6
#327484 :shock: not bad of a truck for what you paid for it. I can see it now, pimpin :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#327502 slam it. dont even think about it. do it.
By brandoff88
#327522 i know and for everything electrical and mechanical working i couldnt believe it was only 800 specially with how clean it is. and no trailertrash thats what i got the coupe for, if i want to plow snow or cruise(once its done of course) then ill drive that but this is just a dd that will eventually turn into something fun once im happy with the civic. i mean i do have some immediate plans for it, already bought a seat cover, gunna change all the fluids and spark plugs, air filter, and maybe some general cleaning and inspecting, then once its running at 110 %(already running awesome, if i could throw up a vid i would) im going to start with the interior, maybe find some jy panels and clean em up for now, then bedline the inside floors and whatnot, since i dont feel like replacing the carpet, then im going to bedline the inside of the bed and after that ima start working on the body, this thing is already a diamond, she just needs a GOOD bath and scrubbing and a little tlc and she will be almost perfect even stock. at some point i am going to have to fix the exhaust, someone cut the dual pipes off at teh splitter so it ends right under the middle of the truck, boy was it fucn driving for 30 min at 6omph with that bitch....not unbearable, but i still prefer the rumble of a 4 cyl. but thats all for tonight, thanks again for the compliments guys!
By brandoff88
#327614 small update, took the seat out and scrubbed the SHIT outta the floor pans and sanded with 100 grit to get the bed liner to bite, then i used 3 cans so far for matte black bedliner, for aerisol liner it actually takes and forms nicely, not as thick or rugged as say a prfessional spray lineing, but i could always grab some more and do a few more layers till im satisfied, so far its lookin better that what it was, toying with the idea of taking the plastic panels off(the ones that are left :lol: )and bedlinging them also, i got a small dash repair kit to fix i couple nicks in the dash i found, then im going to used the vht paint for dashes and do semi gloss, or matte black on the dash..i also bought some semi gloss duplicolor plastic trim paint if i decide not to buy more bedliner for the trim...desicions....ill try to get a pic up this week of how its working out, but i work alot and its always dark when i get off work,
By MG6
#327616 nice, take pic before and after on the Berliner spray you did. Alway want go see how it look compare to the pro as I am looking into getting my taco truck Berliner spray by the pros.
By brandoff88
#327627 will do, its 5:38 here right now and i work till 3 today so if i have enough light, ill go finish up the first coats and areas i missed and take a pic, might have to go get more for additional layers, so entire process might take a bit.
By MG6
#327683 no worries, take your time. :thumb:
By brandoff88
#327786 sorry no pics yet guys, i have been working all day the last few days, and i am exhausted...ill try to finish up the first layers tomorrow and upload a couple pics
By eg-guy
TrailerTrash wrote:slam it. dont even think about it. do it.

x2