If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By pcbabb
#323907 I traded my eg8 for a 96 Accord, H22 swapped the accord then traded it for this 95 GSR sedan! The guy I got the Teg from didn't tell me it was burning a quart of oil a week. I found out after I had it for 2.5 weeks and it quit going in vtec due to no oil pressure. Took 2.5 quarts to fill it up. Drove it another week and it was a quart low. Checked the compression it was 95, 100, 115, 15. :shock: Couldn't believe it was still running as good as it was. I thought it was the rings so I decided to do a rebuild.

Here it is a day or two after I got it.

About two weeks after I got the car I traded the SI wheels for a set of brand new Drag DR41 with new Falken tires. They are 15x7 +10.

While installing the wheels I noticed I had 2 blown stock shocks with cut springs so I replaced those as well with some Tokico blue shocks with skunk2 springs.

About the time I realized I had a problem.

I started tearing it apart.

Figured I would go ahead, do a wire tuck and paint the bay while the motor was out.

Getting work done! Deleted the ABS as well.

On to the motor. So what I thought was gonna be rings turned out the be broken ringlands on all four pistons.

The main bearings were toast.

The clutch was on its last leg.

Started reassembling the block. Replaced headgasket, timing belt, water pump, pistons, rings, all bearings, arp headstuds, cam seals, crank seal, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, thermostat, coolant orings, oil pump orings, clutch and had the axles rebuilt.

And I got it in!

A little comparison of before and afer.

Still not completely done with the bay.

Also ordered a front lip and new oem mud guards while it was down.

Hopefully it will be nice out again soon so that I can take some more pics of the car. I have put about 250 miles on the rebuild so far and its doing great!
By teal_dx
#323908 Sucks that it looked so clean and ended up being beat to hell but the before/after pics of the bay are insane! Nice job taking a crappy situation and making it 10x better than it ever was :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#323939 wow man its looking amazing :thumb:

i want a GSR sedan so bad... white... with black/gray interior... and a single cam vtec d series swap :wink:
By onibakagaijin
#323941 Awesome work...the before and after was a wow moment :thumb: Good stuff
By Apexracing
#324380 Looking good :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#324553 Nice save! Definitely looks as tho is beated the shit out of. Enjoy it, I looooove 4dr integras!
By HaydenSI
#325033 Gotta love honda motors. They can be on their last leg and still run like a champ.
By kylenjdm93
#325035 looks great! i love the 4 door integras, is that a b18c i see there? or a b18c1 the picture of the painted block was hard to see the engine code.

what headers are those? the twisted ones. more recent pic.

gotta love a new b :thumb:
By pcbabb
#327361 Traded some labor for a set of omni power coilovers and function 7 lca's. (front not pictured lol)
Got them on!

Also ordered some 81.5mm ITR pistons since my cylinders were apparently worn. Hope to pull it back apart soon.
Last edited by pcbabb on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fada Blayne
#327365 :thumb:
By MG6
#327375 nice built nd save. Are you using back the stock intake? Where are you gettin cold air?