If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By brandoff88
#317419 I finally got my other ride back and spent all day tinkering and cleaning, so i ended up not being able to take pics of the actual vehicle, but tomorrow i will get some and edit this post. for now i leave you all with a pic of some goodies, plans, and a current spec list.

87 ford bronco eddie bauer edtion
95 % stock
351 windsor
31 x 10.5 tires
165,000 miles

PLANS:
full tune up (plugs, oil, filters, gaskets, the works)
rattle can flat black
drive the piss out of it :hehe:

got a new edelbrock performer series 600 cfm carb (4 barrel), new ignition switch, alternator belt, p/s belt ordered, and a handy haynes manual.

By brandoff88
#317507 welp, the shit hit the fan, edelbrock carb didnt fit my intake manifold so had to take it back, now it wont stay running, engine seems to be a mess and in desperate need of a rebuild(took off the valve covers and it looks like the oil was NEVER changed)...replaced the ignition switch, but still wont start with the key...seem to have numerous vaccum leaks... [smilie=BangHead.gif] i dont really feel like sinking money into this...oh and the powersteering pump aprently went out...so now i have this horrible high pitch squeel that is unbearable.....so i got bored after spending 9 hours yesterday just trying to get it to stay running, and just said fuck it....got on craigslist and found a 94 ex shell that just needs motor and tranny....lucky for me i have a fresh jdm d15b vtec with ex/si trans in my garage...dude wants 600 for it but i dont know if it comes with the tails and headlights and whatnot, what do you guys think, depending on what it comes with i was gunna offer him 450 and just swap all my new stuff over.

http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/3279263545.html
By brandoff88
#317509 also found a sweet lude for 700 with a b20...needs a tranny i guess....what you guys think?

http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/3304059590.html
By brandoff88
#317565 well i can post some pics of it tomorrow, i just didnt have time becuase i spent all day trying to get it to run right, i dont know...maybe ill get a short block and build it but i dont have a job still and i need a vehicle for winter so its not an ideal option...but i can get pics tomorrow i promise
By teal_dx
#317582 It's cool, I'm just a fan of broncos. I looked at buying one for a while but needed better MPG so I got a toyota 4x4. I still have a soft spot for broncos :love:
By brandoff88
#317584 haha i love it too because aside from 2 marble sized dings on the passenger door and a small rust spot on the tailgate, the body is emaculate except paint lol, but the motor is trash, the windows are all fucked up and wont roll down so it defintly needs work, on the upside, i talked to the dude about teh 94 ex shell, he said suspension is all there a good to go and the body has been prepped for paint all iwould need to do is throw in my d15b and tranny, and my ecu and some tails and headlights, and for 500 bucks if i came and got it i would have my baby back...so i need to talk to my father in law and see if he will take me to get it :thumb: im stoked...AS FUCK!
By brandoff88
#317594 as promised here are some pics of the monstrosity i call a bronco

how i start this thing since my ignition dont work

believe it or not, the only rust on the body i found

the two small dings in the passeger door

thats pretty much it, oh and im picking up the 94 ex shell tomorrow afternoon, so be on the look out for a build thread on that...i decided too much needed to be fixed with the underside and all i really need to do is throw in my d15b swap and my new hood, and some lights and this one will be road worthy...not sure what all comes on it modwise, but it will be a good start for a great project that i can actually daily drive...i hate to give up on the 93 dx but its just sitting rotting away and eating money... :cry: maybe ill decide to keep it if the father in law doesnt mind 3 cars in his back yard and rebuild the other d15b with the spun rod bearing throw a turbo on it and leave it gutted for a track car..who knows...gotta get cash flow first, maybe i can sell it to someone who will pick up where i left off...i guess we will see
By brandoff88
#317606 well got the "new shell" was shit, so i just scavanged parts i need from it and kept on truckin with my old build, i also updated the build thread so you can see some of teh carnage of the "new shell" and some changes i made to my current project, hope to have it running and driving within a couple weeks :thumb: