If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Classiccarsrule85
#282686 Yup I did buy another car and yes it is a honda i got it from my aunt i pain a fair price for it being that she was just going to junk it because it had a missfire and the exhaust cat flange to cat back was gone and a few other things but she was the original owner so that makes me the second owner sweet well its a bone stock even teh original deck 2001 Honda CRV

realtime awd ftw!!!

no seat rips

ohhh and did i forget to mention it has this little dohickey to shift through the gears with hurray for a manual!

and the beast that lies under the hood

more pics and stuff soon will update on my plans battery in my sisters laptoop is failing let me know what you think
Last edited by Classiccarsrule85 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Punksz6
#282688 :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#282689 <3 awd crvs
By Fada Blayne
#282697 I know of a guy locally that b20v turboed his and put on TL-S wheels. Shit it dope!

What are ur plans for it?
By dbrooks
#282706 I'm pretty sure ITR wheels fit :thumb:
By Apexracing
#282715 Hurry up and get my other ride so i can post it up lol
By Classiccarsrule85
Apexracing wrote:Hurry up and get my other ride so i can post it up lol

lol i plan on it hopefully as soon as i get back i can get going on it

plans wise
figure out what is making it misfire it revs great so im really doubting a bad valve but you never know if its not a bad valve i am going to clean it up and just drive it for the winter taking care of it best i can not to mod it lol

however if it is the valve then i plan on driving 3 hours or so to a nj jdm parts dealer and pick up a jdm b20 and put that in with a good clutch and possibly lightweight flywheel.

other then that it will get my big time toothbrush and simple green and clean the bay up nice then clean the interior and exterior make it look like new after winter or i should say after i get my crx project to a certain point id like to do some rust repair on it and other then that just drive it since she isnt that bad to begin with

and yes manuals are quite rare most were auto ive seen only 3 manual crvs in ny of my kind ones in my yard which im debating how good the trans is since it was flipped and then looks like it was crussed pretty badly engine just the valve cover chipped mounts are intact so its a good chance that it will be a good 125 spent due to the rareity but thats it for now if i found some nice oem fogs or something like that itd be pretty sweet
By Classiccarsrule85
#286986 Just a quick update as of right now i have a ef hatch im building for a friend with a unsafe rusted coupe so this has been put on hold for two weeks which sucks because i did end up buying a new engine for it a 100k b18b1 no mere b20z but hey it will run and drive and get me thru winter and to me thats all i need to do with it and then whilst during winter its crx time :twisted: oooo i cannot wait to start that project and get it done etc. but yea a few interesting facts i didnt know about the crv and now do know

-the clocks are subject to their solder joints cracking in cold weather climates this is why out of 3 clocks i have one worked for all of 5secs till it stopped altogether its an easy fix resolder the joints (apexracing will be on that duty for me which i appreciate alot)

-the 96-01 crv has a table in the back a folding card table type thing which i find awesome as fuck because heck its a freaking table lol

-and if you ever get one and are looking for fogs you cant go oem there arent any left and reallly you cant find anything not even a switch (beeen messing with the options) and the fogs themselves the usdm ones look like regular round fogs bolted over your bumper the jdm ones you need the oem bumper and fogs to work as the usdm stuff cant my quest for fogs is quite extensive because i know in a high up car i like my fogs so plans are to either use 4dr eg fogs in one of the holes in the front bumper or make my own front fog bar as i refuse to drill into my bumper something like the honda shuttle has and use hella 500ff or something like that

but we shall see
By dbrooks
#286989 ITR wheels would look really good on it :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#286993 forgot to mention lol bought alloys from a 1999 crv and though they dont have tires im possibly going to use them or i got offered 2003 crv allows with good tires and all so we shall definately see i mean for $200 im haveing trouble turning it down but he also wants my rota circuit 8s but hes willing to do the crv rims and 200 for the circuit 8s i have quite tempted as they wont look good on my crx at all they look like new car rims
By dbrooks
#286996 I'd get him to pay more if they're in mint condition.
By Classiccarsrule85
#287004 eh paints peeling centers are long gone floated away or got tossed etc due to the flood really only thing going are the tires lol rims are nice but tires are new may see about 250 i mean i only paid 350 for them
By Flatland_EG
#287017 I've always like that body style of CR-V, the new one too damn bulky.
I remember hearing somewhere that the older ones like this were built on a civic chassis, is that true?