If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By chrono404
EG6b20R wrote:Hell yea!! Subbiiiieee!! Damn i completely missed this thread Chrono! im looking for a DD Might consider a Subaru!!!

I love this Daily.

When driving normally, you have tons of room to carry stuff if you need to. The Seats are insanely comfortable. everything is in the right place with just the right reach. The Automatic tranny shifts nice and quickly Faster then I could shift a 5 or 6 speed, however isn't crazy harsh. The Exhaust is now awesome sounding. The Radio is pretty good stock. 6disk cd changer and a tape player perfect for putting your mp3 player in, Even a little area below it for setting your phone/mp3 player when its playing music.

When you want to go fast it has that to. The Stearing is light and very quick, the Recaro seats hold you in place, the Exhaust is super mean sounding up high and the sound when changing gears is awesome. Since its auto it holds boost through the gear change, the gear change is super fast. The All wheel drive lets you put your power down super early in the turn, or take off fast in the wet. The Gauge Cluster is setup perfectally with the tach right in the middle and easy to read at a glance.

Almost perfect daily driver, It gets 17-23mpg which is what a luxury/performance luxury car would get. I can live with it and enjoy driving it. I would highly recommend one. That said I have not had to do any real maintenance yet so I am not sure how hard that is compared to an EG.

Fada Blayne wrote:looks as though that track is going to be nice!

I am going to enjoy that track. Its super close so I will hitting it up quite frequently.

____

I will be putting together an exhaust video from outside and inside the car driving. Just have not had the time to do it yet.

I will also get some better pics soon as well. Come spring it will be sitting lower and on some new Rota Torques. Weather forcast has snow later this week so that should be fun. :hehe:
By dbrooks
#284734 I will be attending an event at that track sometime. It looks awesome! :thumb:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
chrono404 wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:Hell yea!! Subbiiiieee!! Damn i completely missed this thread Chrono! im looking for a DD Might consider a Subaru!!!

I love this Daily.

When driving normally, you have tons of room to carry stuff if you need to. The Seats are insanely comfortable. everything is in the right place with just the right reach. The Automatic tranny shifts nice and quickly Faster then I could shift a 5 or 6 speed, however isn't crazy harsh. The Exhaust is now awesome sounding. The Radio is pretty good stock. 6disk cd changer and a tape player perfect for putting your mp3 player in, Even a little area below it for setting your phone/mp3 player when its playing music.

When you want to go fast it has that to. The Stearing is light and very quick, the Recaro seats hold you in place, the Exhaust is super mean sounding up high and the sound when changing gears is awesome. Since its auto it holds boost through the gear change, the gear change is super fast. The All wheel drive lets you put your power down super early in the turn, or take off fast in the wet. The Gauge Cluster is setup perfectally with the tach right in the middle and easy to read at a glance.

Almost perfect daily driver, It gets 17-23mpg which is what a luxury/performance luxury car would get. I can live with it and enjoy driving it. I would highly recommend one. That said I have not had to do any real maintenance yet so I am not sure how hard that is compared to an EG.

Fada Blayne wrote:looks as though that track is going to be nice!

I am going to enjoy that track. Its super close so I will hitting it up quite frequently.

____

I will be putting together an exhaust video from outside and inside the car driving. Just have not had the time to do it yet.

I will also get some better pics soon as well. Come spring it will be sitting lower and on some new Rota Torques. Weather forcast has snow later this week so that should be fun. :hehe:

my buddy has a wrx with sti tranny and in the middle of putting the 08 sti short block in with the wrx head.....not exactly easy to do things on this car...lol but veeeery fun to drive....i want one for a daily my self...but i can barely afford my eg for a daily hahahaha
By chrono404
#291991 Got new Rims, Momo Winter 2's.
They are a 17"x7" Rim, and only 15.6 Lbs. The Tires are 215/45 Yokohama S Drives.

The Rims are kinda flush with the body. The Reason I went with these rims is they look kinda like an OEM rim, They are super light and I like the stealth sleeper status of a wagon. A blacked out front mount will replace my top mount i will get a hood scoop delete. I want a sleeper daily driver.

Still slower then my Delsol even with exhaust in a straight. But its so much fun to daily drive.
By Ajax1989
#292515 hell yeah.. looking good my man!! :thumb:
By chrono404
#309251 I have been slacking with my updates here.

This is from a "Recent" (read from like 2 months ago becouse I been slacking) Photoshoot:

After the photoshoot I got an officer who pulled me over for in his own words an "exhaust that sounds amazing, however is illegally loud" and that i should "Put in a silencer for driving on the Streets" Easily the coolest cop I have dealt with. After driving around with then silencer in and it tinking around the bolts came off and the silencer fell off in the road.

I then bought a Vibrant Racing Muffler and had it fitted in. I still have my fart pipe for when I feel advertous and want to play on the loud side.

I love the new muffler, Its quite enough and gives a much more OEM Profile that I am going for with this car. I was actually asked at some meets if I put my stock exhaust back in. Goal Acheived. I also felt no difference in power when I put this on vs having the Fart pipe in. there might be a hp or 2 gone, but nothing you can feel driving.

After that I decided that I should put my header/uppipe in that I didn't do when I installed my Turbo Back Exhaust.

Taking the old header off was easy, probally 20 mins. Then took about an hour or so to get the old uppipe out, had to lift the engine up a bit doing this. I was planning on taking pictures of this but it was so much of a hassle I gave up. It took easily 5 hours + to get the new header/uppipe in and do to do involved some cutting of my subframe so it would actually fit. However you can hear the difference, It lost some of its rumble but it spolls much faster hitting full boost at 3800-4000RPM.

Uncle cutting my subframe:

The old header was 29.7 lbs

The Old uppipe was 7.5lbs
Thus adding up to 37.2lbs. The New header that wen in was 14.8 lbs, I did not take a photo of weight that though. So the new header is 2.5 Times lighter then the old cast iron stuff, and Gave more breathing room for more power, Huge win-win in my books.

and that pretty much gets us to where we are at now.

I have bought some gauges I will be putting in soon, I will then finally be tuning the Subaru. I will be putting on a Cobb Accessport "Off the Shelf" Stage 2 Tune and then tweeking that using Cobbs tuning software and my laptop. It should be fun and will be showing pics of that as well.

I was hoping to have the guages installed at the same time I installed the header/uppipe. However the gauge housing I bought off doesn't fit properly and even with some filding with a heat gun can not get it to line up right so am back to the drawing board at that. Will probally order a housing off glowshift.

I will be doing my best to not let there be such a big gap in updates agian.
By chrono404
94_jdm_ferio wrote:hell yeah.. looking good my man!! :thumb:

teal_dx wrote:When I first saw the pic, I thought they were OEM. Light weight too for a 17! :thumb:

Thanks guys.

I am loving the OEM looks of the Subaru. Once all of my performance goodies are done I plan on getting an STi front and rear Lips for it, and possilbly plastidipping the car.

I got to much attention with all of my hondas from the police over the years. I have been very lucky so far with my subaru and not having those same problems. I Just want a Low-Key looking subaru that wont draw your attention in a crowd, however be able to tear up the track when I want to.

I am well on my way there already. Thanks for the support guys.

I am still pretty tempted to pick up some Rota Torques and put my sticky tires on them for the track and pick up some Winter/snow tires like Blizzax for my Momo's. The Torques will blow my OEMish theme, but it would look pretty darn good, Anouther set of rims will wait until I get the Subaru Tuned and lips on it. But everytime i see a subaru with them I really want a set.
By suspendedHatch
chrono404 wrote:2004+ WRX's get the same interiors as STi's

Is the interior the same besides the blue colored fabric seats and carpet?

You should get a factory heat shield for that turbo. Mine was missing also. I got it and a bunch of other little things from http://www.saabandsubaruparts.com/default.html
Good prices and quick shipping and response.

Civic-eg mods should have a Subaru meet haha. I'm sure there's a couple more of us Honda/Subaru owners.
By chrono404
suspendedHatch wrote:
chrono404 wrote:2004+ WRX's get the same interiors as STi's

Is the interior the same besides the blue colored fabric seats and carpet?

You should get a factory heat shield for that turbo. Mine was missing also. I got it and a bunch of other little things from http://www.saabandsubaruparts.com/default.html
Good prices and quick shipping and response.

Civic-eg mods should have a Subaru meet haha. I'm sure there's a couple more of us Honda/Subaru owners.

The 2004 WRX has the Interior from an STI in black with exception of steering wheel, which is better IMO, Heater controls, and Instrument Cluster. The Get the Recaro seats, however are more tasteful IMO, You get matching rear seats and the Awesome Momo Steering wheel. The WRX and STi's have the Tach moved to the Center in 04+, However the WRX is more subtle as its still the same colors as a Impreza Cluster.

Also apon further digging, Apprently only the 2004's got The STI seats in black, the 05's apprently came with normal impreza seats

I'm sure we are not alone in the Civic-EG family who own Subarus now. I Love my WRX. It would be cool to have a Meet with the mod's. However since we all so far away I dont think that will happen.

I will look into a heatshield for the turbo. I have thought about getting a Turbo blanket for it as well.
By chrono404
#312744 I have recently got my Cobb Accessport, as well as my Glow shift guages + Pod.

The Stock pod was very smooth and didn't look right in the dash, I therefore thought it would be a good idea to paint it in wrinkle finish paint.

Before:

After:

It wont match perfect, however it will match in alot better now.

We wired the guages power into the clock as pretty much all WRX/STi gauge installs do.

We decided that putting soldering in an extra Civic engine bay plug would be a good idea as it would make an easy disconnect if i want to remove the guages later.

Picture of them installed, Boost on the Right, Wideband o2 in the center and Transmission temp on the Left, which is not hooked up to its sensor yet. I will be doing that in the next weekend or two.

Picture of the guages in relation to the rest of the dash

As well as a Comparison from outside, Looking in from my cracked windshield.

As for my Cobb Accessport i have an off the shelf stage 2 map on it right now, However also got the "Access Tuner Race" Software from cobb which will let me tune it. I plan on doing a Custom tune after wiring in my Transmission guage.
By blk92hb
#312763 with the hood couldnt you run an rs hood?? they dont have the scoop because there n/a.
By chrono404
blk92hb wrote:with the hood couldnt you run an rs hood?? they dont have the scoop because there n/a.

When/If i go with a front mount I could get an RS Hood. However the RS Hood is made of steal, the WRX/WRX STi hoods are made of aluminum and quite light. I will most likely just get a hood scoop delete.
By Chance
#313052 :thumb:
By stubrun
#317833 Very cool car mate, what sort of mpg are you getting. A mate of mine has a 93 jdm wax sti and he manages low 20's mpg.