If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Classiccarsrule85
#238686 So if you were following anything of mine ive found me a crx and will be making it pretty much stock restomod its a 1990 crx with the infamous Y49 chasis paint color right now in flat black here are some quick shots as when i got home well it was dark so heres these for now hoping to get the lowering springs on the front instead of coilovers and possibly do some other things....

Last edited by Classiccarsrule85 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 am, edited 26 times in total.
By 92civic_vx
#238691 congrats, looks clean
By familyEGuy23
#238692 Nice Rex :thumb: this looks like a good project I was close to trading my lude for a crx Si but the guy flaked :thumbdown:
By chrono404
#238702 Another Honda Proget! Nice.

Still doing the Ford v8 Volvo? This a Daily?
By Classiccarsrule85
#238779 The Crx has turned into my daily for the time being going to work on it a bit for today before work....to get the front springs back on the front so its not so low....

Thanks fro teh great comments the main reason i went thru on this trade was because the shell was so gosh darn nice and well....the Y49 is awesome lol.....

And yea still working on the volvo was trying to part out my 89 but both the 89 and the 90 740 are well stuck in the snow since the large amount we got still hasnt frozen yet....

I love my new crx i went outside taking my dog out and looked at where i parked it and i cant help but just keep smiling it looks just so god damn good and once it has paint and some work done to it i cant wait to autox in this thing so many things bouncing in my head lol gotta prioritize....
By Ajax1989
#238833 KEEP THIS ONE!!!!!

you change cars more then i change boxers lol

but nice pick up man! i want a rex for track as well
there so light and cheap parts
By jdmcivic33
#238845 aww i miss my rex!! but i kno its in good hands aswell as your hatch is ill keep you updated on everything i do :woot:
By Classiccarsrule85
#238898 So today i spent the better half of a day (not sleeping for my work of coarse) I decided to tackle a number of things on the rex that was interrupting my enjoyment of the car......
-swap out the ebay coil overs for lowering springs sportline eibach i think they are
-wire in a rear light for the plate so i dont get pulled over
-extend the starter wire from teh tuck
-swap the d.side door so i can have a working window(decided against this ended up taking the guts out of the other cleanish door and threw it into the door thats on it now as its still a salty winter...)
-and fix the broken yet still working headlight switch

I think thats it well all went smoothly so im kinda wondering what i did wrong lol but yea after i went out to enjoy the car abit more a state trooper pulls right up behind me and follows me awhile im sure trying to find something wrong with the car (I hate cops like that) (which reminds me definately need to get a cat so i can see if that quiets down my car any or im just going to either get a silencer or a new exhaust system) but yea anyhow he follows me to a red light then when it turns green i pull off he ends up i guess giving up and pulling an illegal U-turn right across the median im just thankful i was able to control the exhaust note....

And now the pics
after about an hour

and then some

the clean doors i have

the bad glass

now it starts everytime

its legal lol

hurray for eg parts

boo broken switch

thats all for now gotta get it so it can be inspected as that is up shortly and then after that i think ill get some nice pics
By Ajax1989
#238907 man i swear u better keep this!
or imma fly my unhappy ass to new york and
knock some since into you :lol:

but i love when cops do that to me!
they tryin to catch me ridin dirty!
and im ridin clean!

pop yo hood! :shock: yeah buddy its legal! made u feel stuipd :lol:
By jdmcivic33
#238958 omg man fing cops lol i hate pigs lol but nice update ..i lold at the starts everytime :lol: glad to see your makeing progress i am aswell even tho im sick as shit lol :( but all in all im soo glad its coming around for ya ill take some pics tomm of updates lol and start a thread for the hatchiee good luck man so glad we did this trade :thumb:
By OleFolk
#238971 Yellow :o
I originally wanted a crx before wanting an Eg
Just couldn't find a good crx until I already had an Eg

Get her back up to shape lookin great already :thumb:
By jdmcivic33
#239595 hey man i started a build thread go check it out it has updates as well :thumb: :woot: