Post YOUR Del Sol here
By BLaCkSiLo
#196810 that's quite the collection you got going there... i like the wasting no time on swapping :thumb:

hopefully you get all of that squared away before the 5th.. do you still have your ek hatch shell hangin around?
By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:Nice progress update... you wasted no time in making this car your own :thumb:

Thanks! I have been pumped to get this B20 Swapped for a while. This build is just starting. By the Time I'm done it will be covered In Carbon Fiber and ready to dominate Track Days.

BLaCkSiLo wrote:that's quite the collection you got going there... i like the wasting no time on swapping :thumb:

hopefully you get all of that squared away before the 5th.. do you still have your ek hatch shell hangin around?

Its a nice collection, I have Another D16z6 sitting in storage as awell as Misc D Series Parts, Tons of Sedan/Coupe Parts, and way to much more to list. I need to make a For Sell thread of all of it.

I Hope to have the Swap finished Tomorrow. But unless something goes horribly wrong It will definitely be running by the 5th.

The EK is currently a Rolling shell at my Uncles place, It is sitting on my Stock Delsol Suspension and 13" Steelies my Blue Sedan came on. I am going to get a new Door, and see how far the Unibody is, if its alot then I will fully strip it and scrap it. If its not off by much or at all I will do some body work on it, Pull the big dent or Cut/Weld in a a Quarter Panel, Throw in the z6 out of the Delsol, Give it a cheap maaco Si Blue Paint job then Sell it/trade for a 99-00 Sedan.
By Ecc0
The White Sol is the Base S Model, Next the Black Si Model, then a Red VTEC Model. :thumb:

this looks like the jap version of the Italian job lol who needs a mini
By 1updelsol
#197057 clean up the bay reall nice before the swap :thumb:
nice build bro.. i havent done much to my sol lately..
By chrono404
#197059 Updates on B20 Swap

Made a o2 Sensor Extension. Basically went to a junkyard and snipped wiring off a wrecked car before and after the connector, then soldered the wires from both ends together to make it an extension Cable, Then Wrapped it in Split Loom.

B20 In the Delsol's Bay

Swap Issues:
[Phone Didn't Save Picture]
- Need to lengthen Shift Linkage, Already knew this would be an issue, just didn't realize how much it would such an issue.

- I read online that you would use a D15b7 Dizzy on a B Series swap. That Isn't the case as the bolt holes are 180% Off from the B20 Dizzy. I am going to go the Junkyard and get more OBD1 Dizzy side plugs and OBD2 Wiring Side plugs and made a Jumper Harness for this.

- Power Steering pump wont fit on the bracket. Not sure what to do about this yet.

- Throttle Cable doesn't reach. Cables is currently in the throttle body, However I cant bolt it down. I will probably end up making a bracket extension to hold it in place.

Also need to take 11.3" from the EK Hatch Exhaust to make it to fit Taking one section of the exhaust to a muffler shop and have them cut and weld in a flange.

A Friend sent me a picture of Ep3 seats in a Delsol. They look pretty good in there. Since the Delsol Sits so low it might work out pretty well. When it gets home I will give them a shot.

More Updates as they come. :thumb:
By chrono404
eg84dr wrote:comming along very nicley
i say get rid of your power steering and solve that issue :thumb:

Out of all Hondas I have driven with Power Steering, The Delsol Power Steering is the only one I really like. It has really good amount of feedback compared to the others, I'm going to do everything I can to keep it.
By JustinLeexxx
#197107 heck yeah =) I cant wait to drive it!
By Classiccarsrule85
#197262 if need be i gots a nice p75 throttle cable that should work with your swap its a b series throttle cable....so yea less work that way....

looking great thus far cant wait to see the end result your sol already looks sweet!
By eg_turbo_hatch
#197312 on your throttle cable you can cheat it by taking the throttle cable bracket off the d series and the b series and bolt them together to make it reach the right spot it sounds ghetto but it works in a pinch
By chrono404
#197905 Worked on the Delsol Today.

Some of the Cooler things done today was working with my Uncle and getting my Shift Linkage ready to go.

[Picture Removed at request of my Uncle]
Him turning over scrap metal on the lathe to within 1/1000th inch of the inside of the shift linkage pipe.

Installing the Extension in the shift linkage.

This is the Shift arm completed, Exactly 2 inches longer, the extension is within 1/1000" inch of the internal diameter and had to be pounded on. Then we welded the ends in place. This should be a Strong shift Linkage.

The other arm which holds everything in place had 2" extended into in the middle, Then after much trail and error of heating and bending this arm, we finally got it perfect!

We also heated up the Shifter and bent it over like the stock delsol linkage is. I wish I took more pics when I was working on the Linkage. Was really into getting everything ready to go

Shifter sitting in the perfect place. Not bad for taking EK Shift linkage and short shifter and modifying it to work in a Delsol. In case your wondering why the delsol takes so much custom work its because the inner tunnel is much higer then EG's or EK's to help with structural integrity.

Onto the other fronts. The B20 has all coolant lines hooked up to it and the Transmission sitting nice with 1.9 quarts of Pennzoil synchromesh. The Tranny shifted like butter, However with Synchromesh it will stay that way.

Took the throttle cable out of the EK and installed it into the Delsol. This was so much easier then I thought it would be.

Made a OBD1-OBD2 Distributor Adapter and plugged it in.

The swap is winding up and Its really darn close to being ready to go.

Work left to do:
>- Put Oil in B20
>- Fill Coolant System with 50/50 Antifreeze/Water
>- Install Header and hookup o2 Sensor
>- Fabricate Power Steering Pump Mount
>- Jack up Delsol and take off Jackstands
>- Install Longer Vacuum hose for Fuel Pressure regulator

If my dad feels upto it tomorrow, We will have the Delsol Running.
Last edited by chrono404 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 92egdxhatch
#197908 Coming along nicely
By Ecc0
#197923 She's coming along real nice, I really miss having a del sol might finish my coupe and get another one keep up the good work