Post YOUR Sedan here
By chrono404
#340033 Tablet of Contents:

Page 1:
>-First pictures of car during and after towing
>-First pictures of JDM ZC Vtec engine
>-Started Swap, Found out old D16z6 was blown, took pictures
>-Showed pictures of uncles Military tank retrieval vehicle that was in previous pictures background.
>-Plans and timeline for completion proposed
>-

Page 2:
>-Completion of engine swap.
>-Swapped Rims to 16"x8" Quantam tec rims wrapped in 205/50 R16 Toyo Proxie4 Tires
>-Installed a no name Strut Tower Bar
>-Got my EG8 clear corners.
>-Started body work, Replaced Trunk key surround panel as well as pulled the dent from the Bumper and re hung it.
>-Painted Replacement Bumpers
>- Installed Coupe Bumper with CTR Lip, and new replacement Rear Bumper.

>- EX Shorter Geared Automatic Transmission
>- D16z6 Stock Exhaust Manifold
>- D16z6 Intake Manifold
>- P28 ECU
>-

Grip and Stopping:
>- 16"X8" Quantum Tec Rims wrapped in 205/50 R16 Toyo Proxie 4's.
>- FACTORY ABS
>- Disk brakes all around (10.3" Disk in front, 9.4" Disk in rear)
>- 21mm Sway bar in front

Interior Goodies:
>- A/C
>- Power Steering
>- Power Windows
>- HD Radio with iPod hook up
>- EX Seating
>-

Exterior Mods:
>- EG8 Corner Lights
>-

My Dad and I picked it up from our local pull a part style junk yard. We went in to get a radio harness adapter parts to put my stock WRX CD changer into his 95 odyssey. Once we passed by their builder cars we couldn't take our eyes off this car. It was super clean and straight, well mostly. It had all of the options and is way way to clean to go into the junk yard to be picked apart. So we got it.

Specs:
>- Blown D16z6
>- Auto Magic
>- ABS!!!!
>- All wheel disk breaks
>- Kenwood CD Player with iPod hookups
>- Sunroof
>- Cruise Control
>- A/C
>- Power Steering
>- Power Windows
>- Power Door Locks
>- I am sure way more that i have not noticed

Parts owned, but not yet installed:
>- Full Manual conversion(Not sure If I will be installing right away)
>- JDM ZC VTEC Engine,
>- Full Leather Interior in Grey
>- EDM Stanley Clear corners
>- Optional Audio console (unsure if I will be installing)
>- Coupe Bumper(Currently painted Blue)
>- Sedan Fog light Kit
>- Acura EL "1.6 VTEC" Valve Cover

Game Plan:
>- Tuesday/Wedesnday(12/17-12/18)
Swap out the Blown D16z6 for the Minty Fresh JDM ZC, while keeping the Automatic. If I dont like the automatic then we will convert it over to 5 speed life
>- Early-Mid 2014
Plastidip the Car a dark silver or white after body work.

Pictures on the trip my uncles house:

Dont worry about the chain on the ground, its hooked up the car right after the picture was taken.

More pics of it at my uncles house waiting for a new heart:

Only non stock item I can notice, HD Radio with iPod Connectivity:

No Leak, No Rust:

This is what is going into it, a Minty fresh JDM ZC VTEC.
Last edited by chrono404 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 12 times in total.
By chrono404
#340034 Held for extra content in the future Via the MAGIC EDIT BUTTON!!!!
By TrailerTrash
#340042 wow thats a great find dude im jealous.

i would have picked it up for sure. and i hate red. but i wouldnt have been able to pass it up its so nice and clean

cant wait for more :thumb:
By Axix23
#340069 Great find. :)
By Uknterror
#340094 Very nice!, perfect canidiate for a k series ;) jk lol
By Robin
#340098 Nice...
By ohDirka
#340129 Minty interior too! :thumb:

Whats up with that deuce deuce crane in the background?
That would be a baller engine hoist.
By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:No Rust and a minty loaded interior and someone brought it to the scrap yard??? People are nuts! EX sedans are getting harder to find - nice project :thumb:

I agree, when my dad and I found it we couldn't keep our eyes off of it and could help but to jump on it.

TrailerTrash wrote:wow thats a great find dude im jealous.

i would have picked it up for sure. and i hate red. but i wouldnt have been able to pass it up its so nice and clean

cant wait for more :thumb:

I agree I am excited about it for sure. I am also not a red fan which is why this will be getting a White or Black pearl plastidip job sometime after the new year

Axix23 wrote:Great find. :)

Robin wrote:Nice...

Thanks Guys

Uknterror wrote:Very nice!, perfect canidiate for a k series ;) jk lol

ihavesol93 wrote:turbo awd k series!!!

That would be awesome. This is definitly a worthy shell for such a build. However I already have a 300hp turbo rear bais awd sport wagon WRX for a daily driver.

While I would love to build such a beast I cant justify it when I already own a better version of what it would be in my WRX.

ohDirka wrote:Minty interior too! :thumb:

Whats up with that deuce deuce crane in the background?
That would be a baller engine hoist.

That is an Ex-Military tank retreval unit. it has self spooling fairwood lead winches with massive 1" Cable. It has a 6 cylinder cummons turbo diesel and a crazy heavy clutch.

Its pretty cool, however needs work done on its air breaks.

Back to the Civic, We drove it in to the shop, which later surprised us. It kept dying but we where able to drive inside the shop. not many inbewteen pictures.

The Big new things here where the A/C and the Automatic. took a while to figure out how to remove the manual shift linkage. Everything else was the same as prevous hondas.

Aiming for the pluck

When we took off the header we found something intresting and it made alot of sense when we thought about it.

This would be why it didn't run that well out from the wrecking yard. The block is blown. We didn't see this as it was behind the header until we took it off.

haha awesome. I hope the head isn't messed up. I am glad to have my minty fresh JDM ZC to swap in.

While working on this I am excited over the sway bar(s?). The Front one is a pretty decent size. I havn't checked the rear yet.

Current build status:
D16z6 | EX Automatic tranny are still in engine bay, only held in by the two side mounts. All other mounts, acceries, plumbing, wiring, axles,etc have been removed.

Next planed move:
Going to finish swap tomarrow.
Pull d16z6/ex auto out and set on floor.
Move automatic transmission and usdm ex mount to jdm engine.
Move over misc accessories and replace broken jdm parts with functional usdm parts off the Z6.
replace jdm oil filter with new oil filter.
Install back into engine bay.
Reinstall all accessories.
Put back in the fluids.
>- 10/40 Engine oil
>- Honda Guanine ATF
>- Generic antifreeze

First start up and first REAL drive.

Things coming up over the next 2-3 months:
>-Remove rear bumper and fix ficked in bumper dent and install back on to car.
>-Wet sand front bumper or prep blue coupe bumper.
>-Start fixing various body imperfections.
>-Prep for Plastidipping Pearl White or Pearl Black. I have not made up my mind either way. With fixing the body I kinda want to go black.
>-Test fit 16"x8" Quantum tech rims that I have lieing around from my prevous civic's.
>-Install Clear Stanleys into civic after plasti dipping
>-Install fog light kit into which ever bumper I install
>-Get Red/Clear tail lights, then install after plasitdipping
>-possibly get Eibach pro lowering springs pending on how the car handles stock, I haven't actually got a chance to take it for a real drive. After a touge run or two suspension mods may follow. At the very least getting 8" wide rubber will help leaps and bounds for handling.
>-Depending on how well the Automatic transmission works out possibly do a Manual conversion. I already own all the parts with possibly one or two expections. I want to try out the honda auto and see how it compairs to the automatic in my dads/brothers toyota corolla which is pretty darn good and the auto in my WRX. If it works good then awesome. If it doesn't it will go 5 speed and then it will be awesome!

Which color should I go? Its not that big of investment for plastidip so going black or white and not liking its not that huge of a deal. Pearl black looks like an epic sports sedan grey from an audi or bmw. This color will be going on the WRX around the same time. Or going White Pearl. It does look really really good in white, but the black pearl will look amazing in it as well.

EDIT: Swapped out Photobucket hosted images which were not displaying for images hosted on imgur.com.
Last edited by chrono404 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
By Axix23
#340236 can't see the pics man. :(*
By chrono404
ihavesol93 wrote:the pearl white sounds like it will be a good looking choice. nice to see the quick turn around

White does look amazing. I think the big ultimate decision is how well the black looks like on the WRX, However I have thought about painting this first as a practice car first.

White looks so good, especally in white pearl metallic.

Black/Gun metal grey pearl looks super sexy.

Such a hard desicion. Black is a pain to keep clean but holy shit doesn't it look amazing when clean. white looks awesome year round you dont have to clean it near as much as the black.

As for the quick turn around I am super pumped for this. I have been looking to engine swap day all last, and this last weekend when I had to work.

Getting this running will be done in the next day or two. After that I should have at the very least weekly updates mainly thanks to a garage full of spare civic parts. I have a Full EK Cloth interior, a Full EG/DC/EK Leather Interior, Legit Denji's, rims, and more waiting for a Civic to come visit the garage and recieve upgrades. I cant do it all at once as I have a million things going down but at the very least weekly updates for the next while.

They meet.
By chrono404
Axix23 wrote:can't see the pics man. :(*

I have been having issues with photobucket, I think they are having server issues or something. Refreshing helped with me. If this keeps up I will reupload them to dropbox's public folder or something.
By Axix23
#340241 i stopped using photobucket a long time ago.

Use imgur.com

10x better