Post YOUR Sedan here
By pcbabb
#269068 picked up my sedan Tuesday, It runs a little rough though, so today I bought a D16y8 and I plan to convert it to 5 spd. It was awesome to put a battery in it and fire it off after it sat for 2 yrs.

Not too bad for $400 imo
and if you were wondering where its' name come from, it's the 3rd brake light lol

As I stated previously, I bought a 1997 Civic Ex today that will be the donor for the motor. The car was totaled in the April 27th tornado in Tuscaloosa, AL. The motor was not touched though and is about the only thing salvageable.
Last edited by pcbabb on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 14 times in total.
By eg-guy
#269110 not bad for $400, whats your plans for it?

if it was mine i would start by painting the moldings, trim, etc. paint the roof and hood black to get rid of the clear coat pealing, buff the paint, and clean the engine bay up. It wouldn't take much to get that thing lookin good. :thumb:
By pcbabb
#269213 putting a d16y8 in it and converting it to 5 spd. Lowering it on some skunk2 springs I have and putting 14" steelies with ek hubcaps. Gonna tint the windows and drive the heck out of it! I would love to paint it and have it pristine but at the same time I dont want to have to worry about whether or not I get a door ding at Wal-Mart
Last edited by pcbabb on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By efsedanman
#269226 i spy an autozone battery lol. i work there. great batteries lol
By 1ACarlos
#269501 Looks great for $400.
By Fada Blayne
teal_dx wrote:I can't believe rust free civics are so cheap down there... I'm jealous of the south!

they and the Cali boys take them for granted!
By pcbabb
teal_dx wrote:I can't believe rust free civics are so cheap down there... I'm jealous of the south!

when everything down here is virtually rust free, it makes them easier to come by.

This afternoon I pulled the D16y8 from the donor car and got it bolted in the 92. Tomorrow I should be able to put the rest of it together. Hope to get it on the road by the weekend.
By pcbabb
#269894 just took it for a spin around the block and 2nd gear is shot. fail :( oh well at least I already have another 5spd trans at my house. I'll just plug it in there one afternoon
By Leppy
#269925 Awesome! Clean her up and snap a few more pics lol. What's next for Bama?