Post YOUR Coupe here
By Thateguhate
chnzgoofball wrote:
Thateguhate wrote:
Mike wrote:good job man! but im going to be straight with you, that whole tail light and VIS CF trunk combo is really making me hate the car, just because the tail lights (2 peice) are not lining up properly at all. So its like all this work and then that just looks half assed (even though it may not be)

And parts like megan racing / DC and stuff with the other sick parts you have, look out of place, not a fan of that stuff either. but good job.

Yeah I see your point, to each is to their own. Half the car was funded at $10hr /PT, the rest was @ well.... what I make now :thumb:

The header came with motor so I slapped it on beingI dont have the $500 to spend for the pro fab yet. CA is an expensive place to live, what can I say?

As far as the trunk, VIS never lined up the pre drilled holes correctly. They were ALL off by inches, im not kidding you. I drilled the holes myself and tryed adjusting the trunk itself and its impossible to line up. its just one of those things I guess. Overall im not toooooooooo..... worried about it since I built it merely to get from point a to b, and have some fun at the track..

If I wanted to build a showcase Civic I wouldnt have ever hacked up my bumper for that diffuser, nor would have I even thought of putting Tenzo R seats.

Things are slowly being pulled out, but im just taking my time with it. Eventually maybe i can get that trunk squared away too, thanks for the 02.!

man!! i wanted ure rear bumper with the difuser!! but i don't have my hatch anymore!!

what the hell? what happened to your hatch!?
By chnzgoofball
Thateguhate wrote:

i got a state ref ticket and i put everything back to stock but since it was boosted on before hella badly it wouldnt pass smog (the motor was shot) so since i was planning do a swap during the summer (thats when ill have enough money), i needed to barrow from someone fast... i asked a few family members and a few friends no luck... so last resort parents... i asked them to lend me 1 grand plus 1 grand i have saved up for an ls at least... they said just sell the hatch and save up and after tax season whatever u have saved up we'll match u up and get u can use it do down a new car... so yeah i took the new car hahaha but i am gonna pick up another eg hatch when i get out of college in 2 more years but thats the story
By Thateguhate
chnzgoofball wrote:
Thateguhate wrote:

i got a state ref ticket and i put everything back to stock but since it was boosted on before hella badly it wouldnt pass smog (the motor was shot) so since i was planning do a swap during the summer (thats when ill have enough money), i needed to barrow from someone fast... i asked a few family members and a few friends no luck... so last resort parents... i asked them to lend me 1 grand plus 1 grand i have saved up for an ls at least... they said just sell the hatch and save up and after tax season whatever u have saved up we'll match u up and get u can use it do down a new car... so yeah i took the new car hahaha but i am gonna pick up another eg hatch when i get out of college in 2 more years but thats the story

damn that blows....why not just pay the fine??? Your usually given that option..

and where did it happen???
By chnzgoofball
#4385 i did pay for the fine after i sold the car they told me i still have to pay for it which really sucks and i got the ticket coming home from antioch around concord area
By Jsa-SIR2
#4393 Dam! thats hot, loven that :woot:
By york62
#4420 BEAUTIFUL CAR MAN WOW!!!!
By Thateguhate
#4443 right on guys!
By Thateguhate
#7419 I decided to step my game up and do some more DIY work to the ride.. I decided since the rear of the car was gutted that I'd make it a bit more presentable, and I also decided the Red calipers were a lil mid 90's for me and I brought those back to life too...

4 cans of Duplicolor Truck bedding spray
2 cans of Kyrlon exterior/interior flat black spray
1 Duplicolor Caliper paint kit

Materials..

Before..

After..

The spraypaint was used for the sidewalls of the trunk, I used the truck bedding for everything else

I taped up the Fuel Pump cover since I didnt wanna go over it...im going with a carbon fiber cover...

ONTO THE CALIPERS.....

OLD ( 3 years this red shit lasted too)

NEW

By Thateguhate
#7429 right on haha.. Thankgod all the autostores locally stock it! I've been using it like its going out of style.. :)
By ohDirka
#7430 the truck bedding is somethin ive never seen done in a civic...might consider doing this myself
By ChicagoMike
d15kid wrote:the truck bedding is somethin ive never seen done in a civic...might consider doing this myself

My car from the front seats back is also done with the truck bed liner. I love the shit.
By teal_dx
#7447 Duplicolor also has a product called Textured Metallic. There is a few colors, one is really dark almost like the color of the truck bed liner. That's what I've been using on my interior. They have silver & graphite & charcoal, if you're ever looking for more color options for the interior.
By Thateguhate
teal_dx wrote:Duplicolor also has a product called Textured Metallic. There is a few colors, one is really dark almost like the color of the truck bed liner. That's what I've been using on my interior. They have silver & graphite & charcoal, if you're ever looking for more color options for the interior.

Yeah I seen those ones too...
By Skyu_Ivy
#7456 Nice car! Kinda of a nub question but what exactly does the holes in the rear bumper do? I've seen them on drag cars but never known what they're for!

p.s. Definately considering truck liner for my hatch! Looks great!