Post YOUR Coupe here
By york62
#55743 You really have a nice build going on here man! keep up the good work.
By Ecc0
#55828 /\/\/\
Will do if I still deside to put it on as I have been doing some research and have been told that they can cause alot of under steer whihc is something I don't want when I go to Nurberge (spelling) in Germany.
By vtec_gloucester
#55861 great build so far dude. :thumb:
By Ecc0
vtec_gloucester wrote:great build so far dude. :thumb:

Thanx fella glad I got to say hi at japfest will have to get my coupe on the road then sort out a UK meet, the Reading Jap meet is usually quite big maybe there would be a good idea.
By Ecc0
#56477 Right so just to keep you all up dated the car got started for the first time today didn't sound to healthy at first then I put the HT leads the right way round now is running sweet as possible without the exhaust system on as am still waiting for it to arrive.

I have fitted all the suspenission but wasn't gonna fit the rear disk brakes right away but as I need to get the tracking and camber set up have decided I'm gonna get it all done and set up by a company call Perfect Touch some UK memebers might have heard of them.

There is on slight problem with the coupe my electrics are real messed up when I indicate left the dash lights up all over the place and the right indicators flash slightly and the same problem happens when I indicate right. Also my headlights do work at all and when I put it on half beam you can hear a buzzing noise camming from the dash.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what it might be would real appreciate your help as I'm getting cheesed of.
By teal_dx
#57322 sounds like some wiring may have gotten messed up... did you do a wiretuck?
The work you have put into this car is amazing... when it's all done you have my vote for Ride of the Month for sure :thumb:
By Ecc0
teal_dx wrote:sounds like some wiring may have gotten messed up... did you do a wiretuck?
The work you have put into this car is amazing... when it's all done you have my vote for Ride of the Month for sure :thumb:

Wow thanks for the vote for ride of the month think its still not to a high enough standard compaired to some of the cars on the site.

It was an earthing problem in the end hadn't earth'd the head lights properly but all sorted now.

I went and got it taxed and MOT'd today so is now fully road legal just waiting till Thurs to have its sus, tracking and camber set up by Perfect Touch then I can drive it properly (Finally)

Only major things left I want to do right away now is get my C8's in 16"s and some HID's and fully clean her out.

Ended up doing the rear disk brake conversion in the end as now rear camber wont need setting up twice.

Wil get her clean and put some more pics up for you all.

Gotta say thanks to Si, Supra Pete, the boys at 12 Tune (Egburt your the man) and Perfect Toucj for all their help.
By Ecc0
#57555 Right so as I'm working ealies this week and the weather wasn't that bad at all I decided I would get a bit of detailing and also tought I would put up a few pics of the install of my exhaust, so please enjoy.

Sorry not many of the underside as I ended up fitting this at like 2am after doing a late shift at work.

I also now decided the DBH part of my reg is gonna stand for Da Bad Honda sad I know but....

Hope you enjoy as aways all coments welcome, I think this is job done for now, just wheels needed.
By Ecc0
#57857 Yet another quick update for all those that wanna know.

I had the car RR on Sunday just to see what its pushing atm and what I have to start with.

It ran 161.6 at the wheels which I'm really happy with will get the graph up once I scan it in for you all to look at but its near on straight all the way till it hits V-tec.
By Ecc0
#62947 Right thought I'd give you a look at a pic or 2 I took while away on my hol's.

Will do a full right up when I get a chance to do so please enjoy.

And me finishing my 9min 28sec lap of the Nurbring

By ooops
#63199 Your car is really clean mate, spending the money in the right places, and at the moment very much a sleeper car.

Ive bought a couple things from 12tune before, very good stuff IMO, how have you found the quality of the things you have bought? I have only bought visual stuff from them, but I'm looking at some performance things from there now.

Keep up the good work :thumb:
By Ecc0
ooops wrote:Your car is really clean mate, spending the money in the right places, and at the moment very much a sleeper car.

Ive bought a couple things from 12tune before, very good stuff IMO, how have you found the quality of the things you have bought? I have only bought visual stuff from them, but I'm looking at some performance things from there now.

Keep up the good work :thumb:

Thanks for qudoes I really like the 12 Tune bits and have seen a great improvement in the quality of bits they supply specialy over the last 2 years.

I also share a work unit with the UK distributer for 12 Tune so get a healthy discount on all the bit I order from them lol.

As for the performance parts I would say they do very well against mid price range products from other companies, they're good for the money you spend but if your willing to spend out that little bit more there are better bits out there, but great for first time tuners or if your on a budget.

One last thing to think about when ordering from 12 tune is keep an eye on the exchange rate as it changes so much you can save yourself a bit of cash by holding off a few days and ordering when you get a better exchange rate.

With some many UK cars appearing on this site I think we need to sort out a UK meet soon while the weather is still good.