Post YOUR Coupe here
By BAXTER_EJ1
#39597 Just picked it up yesterday afternoon! Been trying to make this deal work for a week. It was 100km from me, so I had to drive to check it out, and I was originally going to trade in my '93 LX for $1500 and pay an additional $1600 for the car. I decided to just pay $3K cash and sell my car privately (after I swap the new discs, pads, shoes, battery and deck of course :wink: )

Inside is all dusty and wreaks of underusage. Engine bay is dusty, full of leaves and some of the tubing is beginning to crack. It's hopefully gonna get a full overhaul before I begin driving it, and I want to keep it off the salty winter roads for as long as possible. It has a few rust spots which I'm going to have a buddy be taking care of hopefully soon. Just gave her a wash today and gonna keep her in my driveyway to work on and protect :twisted: .

Bare in mind, PLENTY of work to come, I just got it, so don't be too harsh lol, I have no garage and working in the winter is near impossible :lol:

Going from an LX to this, WOW! The hp! The torque! Haha, not a whole lot, but I can feel it. And the options, I've already enjoyed the cruise control for an hour :P :woot:

Last edited by BAXTER_EJ1 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Gorveatt
#39604 SWEET! needs some work, but what doesn't.

Cruise control FTMFW!!! :thumb: i certainly missed it when taking those three hour trips from when i lived in NB
By BAXTER_EJ1
#39626 Thanks everyone :woot:

I'm a little nervous but we'll see how the spark plug and compression tests turn out, I'm just hoping the engine's in good shape lol.

Money's tight and if I get into the RCMP I'll have no income for 6 months and still have expenses :P
By CivicTypeR
#39666 Looks like a good project man, I work on mine in the winter :thumb: maybe you should post a work log for this car and show us n00bs how you tackle the rust, cause i gots the same problem :(
By BAXTER_EJ1
#40905 Spent a few hours tonight changing the brake shoes and parking brake cables.

We had help from a guy and I didn't get a chance to take any pics, but parking brake cables REALLY aren't as hard as I thought :)

I hope I could make a nice DIY sometime when I have the car pulled apart to clean :D

Also picked up some fuel system cleaner and engine lubricant to put in a bit later.

Took it out for a rip (unlicensed and uninsured haha) to "test the brakes". I may have woken a few people :lol:
By BAXTER_EJ1
#41602 Compression test on February 9th yields: 172/160/172/180.

Not much room for improvement, but I'm glad that the motor is in decent shape. I'll see if new spark plugs and a fuel system cleaner won't prop up that 160 a bit in a few weeks :).

Thanks Teal for the detailed write-up with pics on the compression test :thumb:
By BAXTER_EJ1
#43487 Before: Rims were slightly corroded, some paint on lip was chipping and they were just generally VERY dirty and scuzzy inside. Took me about 5 hours of cleaning to get this one ready for prep.

Prepped: At 1am decided I didn't want to go to bed, I wanted to prep my rim! Stayed up till 2:30am wrapping it in masking tape and newspaper.

Painted: Next morning did about 6 or 7 coats leaving ample time inbetwen. I used Duplicolour Wheel Paint. Wetsanded the surface with 400 grit sandpaper.

This was just a test run with one of them. I just wanted to test out what method works best and make sure I had it down pat. Don't have much experience with painting at all so now I'm ready to begin cleaning and prepping the other three, now that I know what I'm doing. I'm going to wetsand this first one again in a few days and then do a final coat of paint and then two coats of Duplicolour Wheel Paint Clearcoat. Tell me what ya think, I think after a bit more work they'll look near perfect :D .

I'm still not EXACTLY sure what rims these are! They say Racing Sparco, Made in Japan on them, there was a ragged label with Japanese on it but nothing else. They are +40 offset, 15". I tried to look up some Sparco rims, but it's hard to find anything really. At one point I found something that looked EXTREMELY similar to them but they were 5 lug? :?
By teal_dx
#43492 you could have replicated the red anodized lip with Duplicolor's Metalcast paint. (I like they way they looked before - more authentic)
But the spray turned out nice.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#43500 I have to say that I agree with your note on authenticity and originality. I liked the rims on my white sedan, the interior had red features as well, so the flow was consistent. I was afraid that with the new greenish car (with full black trim on the outside) the red and silver would be far too constrasting. I wanted to keep the colour scheme simple.

It was Derbo's red car with the white rims that really inspired me to do this :thumb:
By BAXTER_EJ1
#43502 Jesus Graham :lol:

Even after googling those I only found 2 images out of 6 pages that exactly resembled mine. Kudos to you, you genius :hehe: .

Now I have to debate what to do with the ugly faded red center caps :P

The guy I bought them off of gave me some nuts with them, they're open ended and they're not the most fancy, but I'll probably end up using them again. They're just a dark grey in colour, but like the wheels, slightly worn and used.
By a_CoUpE
#43520 MAN oh man what i would do for a set of rims liek this.