Post YOUR Coupe here
By SloCivic
Civic Savior wrote:Looks great so far! Plans for a manual swap or keeping it auto?

Oh sorry, I failed to mention that. I already did the auto-manual swap.
So consider it done.
By SloCivic
#348015 Update as of 8-19-14

Finally driving the car to and from work. (3-4 miles from my house).
The engine runs flawlessly, perfect idle, good fuel, etc.

It is not the best looking coupe on the road but it's going to get painted soon. I have some misc stuff that needs to be taken care of before I send it to the paint shop.

This weekend I plan to do inner/outer tie rods, swap the wheels from my hatch, adjust the drop on the coils, and a couple other things. I'll keep everyone posted as time goes on.

Here are two pics from today at work , like I said not the best color combo but least the body is squared away for paint! 8)

By SloCivic
Civic Savior wrote:Awesome!! Decided on a color yet?

Yep, just sticking with the OEM red. I really don't want to go for a color change because I am super OCD and would have to paint door jams, and everything else visible. So red it is....

This project will take some time. My hatch is my baby, this is just the daily so I don't have to drive the hatch everyday 8)
By SloCivic
iThorr wrote:Looks good! A little jealous you got yours started, I'm far off from starting mine!

it took forever man. It took me about a year from when I bought the shell until I got it running. Felt like the day would never come [smilie=BangHead.gif]
By iThorr
SloCivic wrote:
iThorr wrote:Looks good! A little jealous you got yours started, I'm far off from starting mine!

it took forever man. It took me about a year from when I bought the shell until I got it running. Felt like the day would never come [smilie=BangHead.gif]

I'm feeling that right now, unsure when that day will be, but on the bright side, my motor finally fits, at first the mounts wouldn't line up with the brackets in the bay because the frame was bent lol
By SloCivic
iThorr wrote:
SloCivic wrote:

I'm feeling that right now, unsure when that day will be, but on the bright side, my motor finally fits, at first the mounts wouldn't line up with the brackets in the bay because the frame was bent lol

at least you got the engine mounted now, civic frames tend to always be an issue. I would love to have a "flush" front end on either of my EG's lol. Something is always off.

Update coming soon with more pics! 8)
By SloCivic
#348716 Updated: 9-16-14

Hey guys, sorry been super busy with work have not had much time to work on the coupe. Like I said previously I am not making a go-fast car or anything of that nature. Simply putting it back to stock and enjoying it for what it is..

FINALLY sold the 2.5" full exhaust and got a hold of a complete oem exhaust system and made a little $$$. All the piping it in great shape and it sounds excellent.
No pictures of the piping but you get the picture....

I also bought a oem header, sandblasted down the heat shield, painted it with high temp and got new bolts.

Next on the to-do list:
Adjust ride height
lower ball joints
alignment
new tires
Install radio/sub
Front sway bar bushings

I plan to work on it this week if I get some time. I appreciate all of the views/comments so far.

More later.
By SloCivic
#348952 Hey everyone,
pretty big update here.
Finally sent it to the booth for paint.
Also added:
new taillights
new wheels & tires.

Check out the pics. I'm finishing up some other stuff and ill put up more pics of progress as time goes on.

By HeikDiesel
#348953 Fresh milano red always looks the best. Kudos for wanting to keep it red
By chrono404
#348957 Great progress. Looks good. I am impressed with all the work you have already put in it. It will be a very fun DD.

B20 torque with the LS transmission was a great route to go. I had the high comp b20 in my sol with a b16 tranny and it was fast, but a horrible daily setup. If I had a LS Transmission there is a good chance I would have kept the car instead of selling it.
By SloCivic
HeikDiesel wrote:Fresh milano red always looks the best. Kudos for wanting to keep it red

To be honest with you red is one of my least favorite colors.....but when its freshly painted.. yes it looks amazing :woot: Some minor imperfections in the paint but I did not pay a ton for the job so I cant complain! I am just getting it to the point of where I can sell it when I want to... and in the meantime enjoy a car that takes $29 to fill up lol